Sample transfer - a quick way?

HELL YES!! I want this!

what happens when you convert non audiodfiles? is it mostly noise?

totally depends on the file - compressed files (zip, png etc) are mostly just noise.
but files which have some interesting structure can have very interesting sounds…

1 Like

Yes indeed I want this, no need for a fancy UI it’s nice and clear as it is.

1 Like

now looks like this:

“Notify” will play a ding sound when finished, so you can tend to your coffee while transferring larger samples :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would pay 10 euro’s for a working windows 10 program with these features, great initiative

sorry I don’t even have a Windows machine…

////

ok
I need someone with a retina-display Mac to make App Store screenshots for me - you’ll get the app for free :slight_smile:

Damn you lack of retina display haha, amazing work to develop this so quickly! Looking forward to release (if it is by tonight then you would make me a very happy tinkerer as I am about to go and have an A/V jam with a mate and drag and drop would make that so much more fun!)

not going to be tonight I’m afraid - I’ll try and submit tonight, but App Store review takes about a week…

I can help you out. PM me what you need.

1 Like

subscribed so post a link as soon as its up and running :slight_smile:

I can help you out. PM me what you need.[/quote]
PM’ed

OMG OMG.

void, again. thanks! Really looking forward, subscribed.

1 Like

quick vidi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnuitQWuQPo

http://appreviewtimes.com should be 4 days, more or less

1 Like

Sold.

Oh man! This is like a dream. From my idea to completed product just in days.

Hopefully void doesn’t rip us off with the price :slight_smile: Hey! Shouldn’t it be free for me since it was my idea? :wink: (no worries, I’m glad to pay for this)

shut up and take my money

Wow… This is what Overbridge needs at minimum… seriously. I await the buy link :slight_smile: Thanks for doing this, void.

http://cloud-3.steamusercontent.com/ugc/3278924096971032437/84D0756A5A5BF893463C237ED5ECD4B2119E505D/

-Rich

That looks very useful Void, thanks. I wonder if its possible to drag files into a specific folder on the +drive using sysex?

^ this is possible, somewhat… haven’t looked too deep into it though.

you have to define the root directory in the machine (with “upload here”).

but what you can do, is include slashes ‘/’ in the sample name for SDS transfer. You cannot include slashes in the filename on your computer (not sure in Windows, as it uses backslash “” for the filesystem). But Extended SDS lets you just use some string for the sample name and it can include slashes.

So if you set the “Incoming” folder as root, and you use a name like this: “foo/bar/cool.wav”, the Rytm will create the folders “foo” and “bar” in the incoming folder. so your sample will end up in “incoming/foo/bar/cool.wav”. (found this out by accident :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

The SDS Drop app, at initial release, does not let you choose a sample name. It just uses the filename, including extension. I’ll put some options in there with the first update (make uppercase, remove extension…)

not sure if the slashes thing is officially supported, but if it’s reliable (have to test), I’ll implement folder support in the app.

1 Like

this is awesome!!! So it runs on standard mac? not I pad like Strom?