Sample playback tuning?

After recording a sample and assigning it to a track, it is played back -8 in tune. i have to compensate the tune knob to +8. Why is that? When I preview the sample, it’s in tune.

And sometimes it’s played back at -12… (on the HT track). -8 was on MT track. Is this weird or normal?

@sezare56 Any chance you know? :thinking:

Did you check Trig Note parameter? Eventually Scenes?

1 Like

But, if I sample something, and assign it to a pad and push the pad, trig note parameters should not have any effect, right? Thats only for for the sequencer trigs.

And I dont use scenes.

So when I preview the sample it is in C, but when I push the pad its assigned to, it plays in another tune.

Why not test this by your own? It just takes seconds to verify it.

I guess it does have an effect.

1 Like

Ill test when Im home. Its probably this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah. It was the trig note parameter. Funny how that has the same effect ad tuning. A bug?

No. I’d say it’s expected behaviour for a sampler that doesn’t have time stretching.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: I find it absolutely normal to change the tuning with a different note. That’s how chromatic notes are recorderd.
TUNE parameter is an offset, set the tuning / notes in Trig page make even more sense to me.

Yeah, I understand the idea behold the note parameter.

Would just think that it affected trig, and not a push on the pad.

It’s for chromatic mode. Think of note value as your sequencer step pitch. The tuning as your offset. The value on the page is like setting the default for any new steps you enter. This can be handy when writing on the fly and you don’t want to have stored sounds coming out while building a pattern

When not in one of the special modes pushing the pad is also a trig. It triggers the track sound with the current settings (except velocity). Nothing buggy about that.

2 Likes