Sample length and midi keyboard

Hello everyone,
sorry to bother about such a simple question, I really tried my best to find an answer around for this with no luck and this place is such an invaluable help, so here I go, I hope I can be clear.
If we play any trig in recording mode, the actual lenght will be as long as the time we keep the trig pressed, as a “toggle play”.
I am trying to do the same triggering samples from a keyboard (or ableton) via overbridge.
I failed even just trying to play trigs on the digitakt and trying out different settings with lenght parameter under “trig” page.
My workaround is to trig lock different amp parameters on trigs as If they were being pressed with different lenghts.
But I am sure that there must be an easiest answer to set samples to play as long as I play a key on my usb keyboard, rather than just play from the beginning to the end, or following the amp settings.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Im pretty sure what your looking for is sustain on the amp page. Unless ive misunderstood your post

yep, on the amp page there should be the sustain value „auto“, which will use the length determined by the note length value of the trig / how long you hold the note when playing live or recording to the sequencer

1 Like

Hello, Yes, in the AMP page, turn right the sustain to the max, until a “note” picture appear. Now the trigs are played until you release the note.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! SSSSo easy!