S3000Xl and C6 help needed (solved)

this is a stab in the dark but i know there is some very knowledgeable people in this forum so i thought i would ask

I got one of these 2nd hand recently, its great fun - built like a tank

I have recently worked out i can transfer samples from the computer to the S3000xl via C6

however when i go play the samples they are always looped, in C6 there is an option to have loop off but this does not seem to work

does anyone know what i might be doing wrong? Or is this some type of glitch that can’t be helped with this old sampler?

@phaelam Yeah sure…I do it via Midi cable

In C6 Config select my Audio/Midi interface which my Midi cable is plugged into

for sample settings in C6 i have nothing ticked and SDS as rec Format

then as per normal just drag a Wav file into C6 and press send

for my unit it only works with small sample sizes due to the small memory limit of the S3000xl, but its fine for most drum hit samples…its just i have my looping problem

also the naming comes across as Midi 0 then you rename it in the sampler

let me know how you go, if you need more instructions maybe i can do a little video or something?

1 Like

On the s3000xl you could have a look at the sample parameters, and select “play as sample” there are 4 or 5 options. You can do it for All samples in the program, again select All in program edit. Also if you can be bothered scsi transfer is 100x faster, but requires a bit of a set-up

2 Likes

thanks seaborg will have a better look at the sample settings tonight after work.
When i record straight into the S3000xl’s audio inputs everything works great its just when i am transferring from the computer I run into trouble

Yes scsi looks like the way to go for these old Akai samplers however i don’t have the proper scsi equipment at this stage

1 Like

@seaborg Yes!! it works good

need to change settings on the sampler not on C6
Sample-Edit-Go to the F6 more tab then 3rd line down change type of playback to No Looping or Play sample to end and it works like a charm

thanks again for your help

2 Likes