RytmPad - Custom Firmware for Launchpad Pro (not mkiii)

It’s been a while since I posted about DigiPad, my custom firmware for mainly Digitakt and Digitone.

I’ve had the Rytm for ?6+ months? and… Now I’ve made a new Launchpad Pro (not mk3) firmware for Rytm that uses DigiPad as a base but just focuses on doing cool things for Rytm. It will be releasing this week on Patreon.

Here is a preview of the main screen of pads:

What it gives you is: 1 screen that you can perform with all the important ‘modes’ of Rytm without having to switch between areas/modes. For example: You can change MUTES and SCENES all in one place. Also the PERFORMANCE, PADs, “Chromatic”… all together now!

There is also a Random Sequencer in here that can make random 1/4, 1/8, and 1/16 note patterns. For all the channels on the Rytm that share voices: the Random Sequencer randomly goes between those 2. These random patterns can be recorded into the Rytm if you like them enough to want to save them.

I designed this to meet a real performance need that I wanted to expand the Rytm to do. Rytm already created the perfect way to perform and manipulate beats live, now it can do even more, faster.

I’m hoping to film a bunch of videos to demo it this week. Please let me know your questions or things you’d like to have demo’d or explained.

10 Likes

Ok, here’s the video demo, jam, and talk about the main parts:

5 Likes

Amazing!!!

1 Like

This whole thing works great with the new Rytm OS 1.6 Step Record!!!
Just tried it last night! F!!! So awesome!!!

3 Likes

So this definitely doesn’t work on the launchpad MK3?

Gonna say No… I may go talk to Novation again and see if they’d reconsider but I’m trying to move on into making my own gear that will do all of this and more. That’s the future of this I think. This was a great start for learning MIDI Development, now is the time to take off, and make something even better. No Limits! No Boundaries!

3 Likes

Ok. I understand. Would be interested in buying a controller that could do this in launchpad format. Good luck!

yah, I’m thinking of starting with a lower cost but high functionality packed into a small package.
maybe no velocity, just a ton of features in a tactile device.
you think velocity is a must? (I mean on RytmPad it is, but I meant more for DigiPad features)

Just rebuild the firmware.
It’s open source now.

velocity is important

Is it still possible to use the Launchpad as an ordinary Launchpad after this firmware is in place, or does it replace the factory mode of operation?

RytmPad replaces it, it is optimized to do many cool things specifically for Rytm mki or mkii. You can flash back to the factory firmware anytime.
If you like the factory features but want more, look into my OpenLaunch firmware that has all the scale modes but enhances them and has a bunch of added features.
https://fenixsong.com/openlaunch/