RYTM vs A4

I recently bought a rytm mk1, to compliment my A4 mk1. I’m having a hard time seeing any advantage over the A4 for drums, though. Except for sample playing. Thinking about ditching it for another A4 mk1, and using one for drums and one for synth sounds. Just seems like the A4 can make better/more complex drums than the rytm, or am I missing something?

2 Likes

The performane and macro function of the rytm really kikk ass. And more voices though.
But the synth engine of the a4 is superior, no doubt.

3 Likes

I dont have an A4 and find the AR an extremely deep and satisfying drum machine but if A4 works better for you, then go for that.

4 Likes

I almost got a second hand rytm but then decided to dive much much deeper into a4‘s drums… haven’t looked back since, very capable drum machine… still tempted by the rytm for the macro and freeing up the a4 for synth sounds.

2 Likes

A4 is huge inputing sounds…

1 Like

Just an update, after using the RYTM more intensely the past week. I DO see some advantages now. Mainly in workflow. Having a sequencer track dedicated to each pad makes getting ideas down way, way faster than on the A4 (instead of using p-locks etc to create different drum sounds on the same track). Pads also make tweaking the individual sounds a bit more immediate, imo. So now I’m happy to have both the RYTM and the A4. Thanks for the input.

1 Like