RYTM Pad Colors update?

RYTM Pad Colors

Hello Elektronauts and RYTM owners ,
I know there are bugs that should be solved in the near future which are more important then this but still just wanted to share my thoughts about an aesthetic suggestion and hear your opinion as well.
The colors of the pads work nicely i believe you all agree,
Still when using the Mute function (most of the playing time) i just can’t get over that bright green color of the pads :frowning: call me spoiled but colors set the vibe.
So what do you think about the Mute mode green color?
are you in love with it or hate it?
Are you interested in a red or maybe turquoise or a dimmed color for this mode like me ?
I think Elektron should consider tuning the colors to be more refined for our eyes and I’m sure it can be implanted easily with a software update.

4 Likes

I think it would be interesting for custom settings, maybe over bridge will have that.

The green is ok for mutes now that I am getting used to it.

I actually am very happy w/ the current colors. While I can see why some people would want to configure them, compared to Maschine these colors are much easier to look at personally. I’m a fan of the green.

I prefer instruments that have been designed to such an extend that the people who designed it have gone through the trouble of deciding on what they considered the most appropriate choice instead of troubling their users with an infinite list of configuration settings.

3 Likes

:+1: I think it’s one of the quirks of having an Elektron that make them cool and characterful. Wouldn’t mind some record mode retrig action though

so far, the only thing that catches my eyes after a long session, is the flashing of the pads in white (when no mode is selected), i usually switch to one of the modes and things are definitively better.
being able to setup a color scheme for the pads would be great, but i guess that the guys at the HQ have a long list of things to add already … hopefully there’ll be some space left for this

2 Likes

After shirts, teeshirts, jackets etc, it is possible that Elektron selling sunglasses.
It’s good for you Guga

A valid point of view, but remember that people’s eyes can vary significantly, what might look ideal to you may be awful for someone else. Also, quite a few people are color-blind - up to 8% of men by some estimates (curiously, the rate is much lower for women). That’s about 1 person in 12, which is enough to justify some flexibility in configuration.

1 Like

I would love to be able to dim the pads, they are too bright when working in darker environments.

3 Likes

You can design for the various types of color-blindness pretty well, esp. since there are great tools to simulate what it will look like. No reason to add color preferences for that.

i agree these pads are too bright, in the dark they stress the eyes, I wish I could dim them or turn them off temporarily

2 Likes

I am very happy with the pad colours.I like the Green for Mutes, only problem there is for some reason performance mode uses this same green. Don’t know what they did that. I wish there was a “vegas mode” where you could keep the light show going that plays on start up.

Might want to be cautious about staring at blue LEDs in dark settings for long periods. There is a lot of UV light in the typical blue LED. Looks pretty from a distance but…

Or just wear sunglasses :`J

Custom colours might be too complex to ask for, but I’m sure they could implement an option to manage the brightness of the colours. I think it’d be a smart idea.

2 Likes

Yeah, RGB LED brightness as a new global setting (ie. project dependent) would be quite usable.

But why not dream big? The ability to assign a custom color to each track would be ace. It would make it a lot more intuitive to see where your sounds are in each kit. I mean, on some of my kits, the kick is on the BT pad, on others on the BD, and on some, its a random sample on a totally wrong pad :wink: You’d be able to suss out a kit’s contents visually before hitting a single pad. If readability is a concern, leave out all the colours from the available pallette that are already being used (100% red/100% blue etc).

1 Like

+1 for dimmer setting

3 Likes

I’m fine with no customization. Would be really neat if, they had like 3 or 4 “skins” you could choose from though.

pad’s color customization would be really nice to have although i think it’s also a matter of getting used to the color scheme. being able to dim the LEDs would be a bonus (not sure i’ve seen this on other machines) which i wouldn’t mind :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

edit: perhaps something like you hold down a pad and turn say the ‘Level’ knob and that will set the brightness of the pad’s LED without having to enter a sub menu, any good? :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Any update on this? Rytm pad color brightness adjustment should be a must-have.

5 Likes

1+