Rytm OS 1.32 speculation

Seems @CarlMikaelBjork, who did a tutorial with it, wasn’t aware of the new machine before Cenk’s video. So perhaps not. I hazard a guess Cenk would have talked up the sample transfer app if it did…

EDIT: Peter beat me to the post. Anyway the OTMKI had to wait a bit before the new OS that shipped with the MKII.

So…not necessarily…

1 Like

so will we get 1.4? or 1.32? this is so frustrating. Transfer App was supposed to come out in June. Im curious now if the mk2 users get to use the transfer app right off the bat ?

1 Like

The MK2 manual indicates this is the case.

I have synthesizer equivalent of blue balls

2 Likes

The early shipment I got of Rytm MKII is on 1.40. There is no VCO machine yet. I have not had time to try Transfer.

2 Likes

Carl, enjoy your videos. Let me ask you, do you think getting the Rytm mk2 is worth it vs adding a Digitakt to the Rytm mk1 ? Its about the same price as flipping the mk1 to a 2 after the loss of depreciation

Hard to give good advice. For me - less units equals more productivity.

But - the Digitakt’s midi sequencer is pretty awesome. If that’s something you’d use.

2 Likes

:disappointed_relieved:

there are probably like 4 developers total working on Octratrack, Digitakt, Rytm, Analog 4, and Overbridge updates

It is known: Studio hardware manufacturers do not deliver on the software side of things. Expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised when things do show up. Thankfully there are no major bugs with the AR and it will be just fine with no further updates.

2 Likes

Bring patience, my friend and let elektron do his job. I’m one of those who needs transfer app more than any other things, but i think that for best results they needs everything works perfectly. The amount and quality of projects they take forward is admirable, I trust in them, take it easy :slight_smile:

sorry if mentioned beforehand, but just noticed Rytm mk1 is now a legacy product. Does that mean no more OS updates?

No, it doesn’t mean that

is’nt it a bug not to be able to use direct change when sending pattern change via midi/daw? afaik the only way is to send the pattern change one bar before if arranging/seqencing with daw

Constantly postponing RYTM update because you keep on adding stuff for MK2 (and MK1 granted) can drag this update to indefinitely.

Like seriously, it was summer when I thought I would transfer samples to RYTM without C6 hiccups and hangs. Now it’s Christmas almost.

like, dude…

4 Likes

right?? its getting absurd now

2 Likes

There is no bug there. If the Rytm’s sequencer is synced to the DAW , the change cannot be instant or you will lose the sync. The change will have to happen on the next clock tick and for most purposes the next beat is fine. You can achieve that in Ableton by setting the Porgram Change clip’s launch quantisation to none, and set the CHNG to 16 in the AR, and select Direct Jump.

Guys, the update for the MK1 is not happening until next January/ February at least. I’m guessing this is dictated by Elektron’s marketing guys who want to get as many early sales of the new boxes as possible… Unfortunately we live in a capitalist world where maximising short-term profit is the mondus operandi.

Ehh, I think they are just overworked and doing too many things at once. MK1 has no major bugs so I’m not bothered by it.

2 Likes

Or to ensure the OS runs perfectly. Which is exactly what happened with the OT update.

If Elektron were so interested in profits, they wouldn’t have given out OT trig conditions, OB, a new AR machine, ect ect ect.

They are a business after all but not that kind of business.

7 Likes