Rytm OS 1.32 speculation

you can also use it to trigger an external synth’s arpeggiator if the synth has that feature

1 Like

Anyone know if the impulse machine would open the gate on my little phatty?

1 Like

If you only knew the power of the Dark Trinity…

:joy::joy::joy:

I wonder what someone who isn’t a synth nerd would think of this sentence.

6 Likes

way hotter (briefly) that I thought … 4.5V quoted and it does open a few modular VCAs fine

3 Likes

Oh my, I guess that means I’m an official synth nerd now… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Someone needs to starting modding in here or it’s going to turn into SynthHub in no time.

1 Like

So, when do THEY release this 1.32 or 1.32 beta OS?

2 Likes

nobody knows. Was supposed to coincide with the Digitakt release but look how late they are now. Its obvious they are over-worked and stretched thin given the explosion of new products.

Stangely, last night this happened: I have two patterns using the same kit. I tweaked the kick drum synth settings (no p-locks) while in pattern B, did NOT save the kit, then switched to pattern A and the kick drum still sounded as it’s saved in the kit. I saved the kit then but the difference in kick drum sound between the two patterns remains. I must be missing something, will double check.

Anyway can’t you just duplicate the kit , tweak the sound you wanna tweak and save it in the pattern? Or just use p-locks?

NI Maschine MK2 does a lot of similar things, and others that the Rytm cannot do, but of course it is not a stand-alone machine.

I don’t think that there is that much that can be done to improve the RYTM. I used to want more LFO’s (like the OT has 3) but now use the live record mode as a way around that. The only thing that would improve the RYTM is another filter - or the ability to allow samples and synth to be filtered separately.

2 Likes

Maybe resampling can give a workaround to enhance exactly ALL… depend…

The only workaround I’ve come up with is to have synth and sample on separate tracks. Which is actually o.k. But I would love to have more control of synth and sample on a single tack.

Agreed. To me, RYTM is Elektrons best device atm. Instant gratification box.

To filter synth and samples separately would be ace bit otherwise I’m happy with my RYTM.

4 Likes

I agree. It does not take long to get something slammin on it, yet with more diving it can go much, much further.

I would like another filter (even a single L/HP) or passable EQ to get out a bit of muck (easily done elsewhere, obvs) but otherwise, it’s gorgeous.

if you use Max for Live, you can unlimited Max LFOs to modulate anything in Rytm via Overbridge

Cool. Thanks. I didn’t know that.

AR MK2 is shipping presumably with the 1.32 OS I assume so…
When will they release 1.32 for us lowly MK1 users then?
Surely its finished no?

1 Like

It appears to be shipping with 1.40, according to the manual made available today.

1 Like