Rytm - OB sync problem in Ableton

Hi, after a few hours trawling the web for a solution here I am surprised at how much conflicting info there is out there concerning this topic.

I am running the latest version of OB in Ableton and have an Rytm synced. When I add notes via the step sequencer on the Rytm they are clearly out of the time with the metronome in Ableton.

Can this latency be corrected? It is extremely annoying producing music with this problem.

Thanks for any advice you could offer me.

OB syncing in Live works rock solid in time. The problem is monitoring your instruments. The latency is due to different processing time of DAW- and Rytm signal. It should be completely avoided if monitoring DAW only with the Rytm coming over USB. If you mixed Rytm main audio and DAW on your interface you will recognize this latency.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure though if I am 100% with you though.

So it’s the latency created by the monitoring that is the problem yeah? Does that mean if I bounce it down as audio and play it as an audio file it should be in time?

How are you monitoring it? If you’re getting the Audio from the Rytm through USB, then monitoring the output of the DAW through an audio interface then it should all be in sync, if you then plug some headphones into the RYTM you will notice there is a slight delay in audio from the DAW in comparison. For this reason I have never been able to use the Rytm as the main audio interface itself and I’m not sure it’s that useful in that aspect.

That’s it, bouncing down audio and quantize it will resolve your problem. :relaxed:

1 Like

Got it sorted. Thanks for your replies.

It turns out I had my monitoring set up wrong. I had OB set to take the main outs from the AR but I should have selected them as individual channels. Tight as a nuns %&&% now!

Sweet

2 Likes

Nice! :relieved: