Rytm MKII Recording/production workflow video

This is a video of my recording and production workflow, of a song built mainly around the Elektron Analog Rytm MKII and a guitar through Hologram Electronics Infinite Jets.

It’s also an invite to collaborate and possibly chat about creative processes in a future episode on the Cabinet of Curiosities.

1. Download the audio stems and/or Live project (without 3rd party FX) at: http://cabcurio.link/collab
  2. Re-mix, re-make, re-organize
  3. Send me a link to your version of my song. Soundcloud, YouTube, whatever… Mail to cabcurio[at]carlmikaelbjork[dot]se
  4. I’ll showcase all contributions in an upcoming episode.
  5. We’ll make a joint decision on which one to talk more about. That creator will be invited to participate in a future video talking with me about creativity and music making - based around the work done above!
  6. Yeah!

Let’s set the deadline for uploads to December 31st. :arrow_backward: Extended deadline!

Cheers! // Carl-Mikael

4 Likes

Hi Carl-Mikael, that’s a very good idea :slight_smile: i can’t think i will be able to participate to this one, but i certainly will for the next one !

Come on guys take the challenge it’s always great to participate to different things. Open yourself !
it’s GREAT… Music is collaborate, it’s the essence of it !

I won’t be able to participate as I’m in the middle of a move so all my machines are in their boxes. Nevertheless, this is an AMAZING idea :+1:
Carl-Mikael, I’ve told you before on youtube, but I’ll say it again here : the quality of your videos is increasing with each one, you quickly became, in my opinions, one of the best youtubers when it comes to creative music production. :muscle:

2 Likes

Thank you very much! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Now updated with Soundcloud link for those who’d like to listen without disturbing video. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve gotten a couple of submissions - how awesome is it to hear others work on and interpret your music? F###ing awesome! That’s how awesome. :okej: :heart:

But I’ve also gotten a couple of requests to extend the deadline for a bit. I’ll do that to allow for more people to participate.

So - email me a link to your version no later than new year’s eve. And I’ll make the episode featuring all submissions to release as episode 1 of 2018 (on January 4th).

Yay!

3 Likes

Woop-woop!

My originals and the five remixes:

Here is a video of me listening to all the contributions. Awesome turnout if I get to say so myself!

Please watch the video and take the poll on what creator you’d like to see in an episode of CabCurio.

2 Likes

Hi CMB, I don’t know really how to give my vote … as a comments on youtube ? Soundcloud ? is it a real poll …

Edit :
ok if I understood it will be in an upcoming episode so i keep my vote with me and wait for it cheers

it was great to see you listening and react to this experience :wink: really cool

1 Like

There should pop up a poll at 19:38 in the video. Using the cards function. Should work on several platforms. Probably not Apple TV, though.

2 Likes

ok I get it… William voted :slight_smile: thanks

2 Likes