Rytm Mkii Record button Issues!

Got a reply to my ticket… was told to see if I can get an exchange with the retailer and if not they’d fix it for me. They said it was hardware related.

1 Like

Glad it didn’t for me. Played Tresor without any problems, hooked it back up when I came home and then it started…

2 Likes

Had the record button bug too.
Record Button triggered some random Functions (like Tempo, LFO).
Exchanged it for another unit which now (after 30days) doesnt´t boot anymore…
Annoying.
Considered to buy the Digitone, but i just changed my mind

finally after 3 weeks without a 1700 euro maschine wich was broke on arrival i am told that a new maschine is shipped and due next tuesday, it better be worth it !!
My first impressions with the company are to say the least not very good,
although ticket support was fast, the correct way of dealing with something like this is not waiting until a machine is shipped back but sending out a new one right away…

sorry i had to vent some of my frustration…:wink:

1 Like

I have your same problem, tapping in the case or just a bass vibration, phoned to the distributor and monday ill see what to do with it!
Makes impossible tonise in live! Not good really also because, unlike you, i cant fix it by my self!

In case anyone was wondering whether the REC button issue is still current on newly bought machines: my new three week old Rytm MKII kicked the bucket yesterday. Here’s an excerpt from my ticket to Elektron:

Whenever I press the REC button, various things happen like:

• Tempo window appears or disappears
  • Trigs 5 and 13 get activated
  • Message “Copy 1 Trig” appears
  • Message “2 Trigs copied” appears
  • BT pad lights up
  • Chain mode gets activated/deactivated
  • Copy page command gets executed
  • The settings dialog is opened

I was not able to remedy the situation by either turning the machine off and on again, cutting it from the power for a longer period of time, performing a factory reset or working in a brand new project.

As with the other cases, it is a hardware issue and the unit would have to be sent in for repair. I will however do neither that nor get a new one - luckily Thomann will take it back for a refund. Enough expensive experimenting, no matter how lovely that machine is :wink:

This is my first Elektron unit and probably last one. I had some lesser bugs but now Record button on Rytm MKII is just doing whatever it wants (except for the recording part). For 6 months I kinda used to tolerate lack of Overbridge (which was originally a selling point for me), but those kind of QA flaws are just not acceptable.

Hi am having an issue when trying to get into live record mode if i hold the record button down and press the play button at the same time it brings up the tempo on the screen and no matter what order I try pressing the buttons i can not get it to go into live record mode and the record button never starts blinking? I’ve loaded a new song to start from scratch but it keep doing the same thing it is very frustrating. Has anybody else had issues when trying to place the machine in live record mode?

This seems to be an know issue. I would open a support ticket on the elektron website or contact the store where you bought the device :confused:

1 Like

Has anyone ever actually solved this issue. I noticed this began to occur when I started to use the Beta version of overbridge

I’m sorry to hear it happens to your machine. Please create a support ticket, we will sort it out for you.

1 Like

I just had the same thing happen to my Rytm. I started a ticket :(.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. it’s making the unit completely unusable.

fixed by opening the machine up and unscrewing all the bolts and screwing it again

1 Like

My button stopped working randomly after never leaving my desk. Elektron said to open it up and there was a loose screw but it still is not working… I guess this is just a normal issue? Where can we get a replacement button?

If you ask Elektron, they should be able to provide you with the appropriate part.