Rytm Mkii Record button Issues!

Wow. Elektron has really dropped the ball with the new machines. A lot of issues with the Digitakt too. Sounds like they need to sort out their quality control and stop rushing things…

Hi, can anyone PLEASE confirm their RYTM MK2 functions properly? I wonder if entire batch is butchered. Please confirm. Thanks.

I got mine replace since the last issue and the new one is working great so far.

Thanks, i placed one on order in November, it came in December and red led in TRIG#3 was not functioning, so i brought it back to the store(luckily they took it back). Then I got another brand new item, i brought it home and if i toggle between scenes for a while, then togle record button on of, whole bunch of weiredness happens, pattern chain goes on, and on the screen tempo begins to show like i pressed metronom button, and all of this acompaniaated with random trig sounding pads.

So it’s been 2 units this far. Tomorrow im going to the store to try in the store the third unit, but now im worried if i problem may not manifest itself in limited time i have in the store and will occur later at home. Someone on this thread confirmed that random record button bug is a hardware issue and not a bug.

This is my first attempt to get into Elektron, but this far experience been average to say at least. Sound is amazing, but get quite disappointed when $2000 unit has issues.

Any tips on how to effectively test the unit in the store to find out no issues are present? I’ll be trying the record button test case alongside examination, please advise on steps to reproduce/watchout for other potential issues.

I had some initial problems with one of the pads sticking which made it hypersensitive to any vibration, like tapping other pads or the chassis. But that was resolved by me gently moving the pad from side to side. Since then I have had none of the issues being reported here.

And as I write this I’m dreading that I am tempting fate and have now jinxed myself…

1 Like

Mine started having these issues after 3 weeks of intense use so I’m afraid you can’t rely on testing it in the store. I’ve asked if the problems were related to a specific batch but unfortunately the answer was no.

Great news from Elektron Support about the Record button bug!:

“Hi, There have been a few units of the first batch which had this issue, but the new one you will get from Thomann won’t have this. Regards, Martin”

:grinning:

2 Likes

Alright. I hope they fixed their production chain. This better not be marketing damage control.

Any news regarding hardware problems? I really want to buy an mkii but due to my location having to return it would be a disaster.

What do you expect to hear? Some have experienced hardware related issues, others haven’t. My sample of 1 has an OK rate of 100%. It seems Elektron are moving a lot of boxes these days, it’s inevitable some of them have issues.

I just want to know if the problem persist with newer batches, that’s all.

Elektron say no.

Well, elektron says a lot of things, that’s why im asking for user experience in the forum. Thanks anyway

See my post in the initial impressions thread. Not 100% sure that it is an issue. Added a video of the behavior… Got it last wednesday…

1 Like

Where from?

Tonecontrol Haarlem

Got my Rytm MKII last week from Perfect Circuit Audio (had it on pre-order for a while) and I’m experiencing this issue. I submitted a ticket to Elektron last week (4 or 5 days ago) and am waiting on a response. Just saw this thread today and I guess it is at least a not uncommon issue. New chain + tempo pop up + BT triggers and random trigs are added to whatever track I am on. Some of those trigs end up trigging and some seem to be trigless trigs. It makes using the Rytm impossible. I’ll check in when I get a response from Elektron and I really hope this is software related and will be patched up soon, though this thread is about a month old!

See @Soarer‘s post above. Most likely it‘s a hardware issue.

1 Like

Sent mine back to Elektron with the same issues and it’s being fixed right now. @Lucid_NL got mine from Bax.

1 Like

Lets hope for the best, would be awkward if that sh^^ happens in a live situation…