Rytm mkII pads bug

See this happening on my AR mk1

exactly this issue, but as i’ve wrote somewhere in this forum didn’t know it’s a mki issue since mine mki never gave me troubles like this, is your problem occurred after upgrading to new os? (i know it’s a hardware problem but can’t be sure at 100%)

1 Like

Elektron support have confirmed my pad issue and will resolve under warranty. :sunglasses::money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Sorry missed your question KRB. I have upgraded the OS twice 1.31B, 1.45. Unit has been like this since 1.31B but I can’t be sure that this was the cause.

mine was doing exactly this, and it was just some debris between the pcb and the pads. mine’s well out of warranty, though, so I just opened it up and cleaned it myself.

1 Like

I’ve had my out of warranty octatrack open to clean. I imagine the rytm is a little more fiddly with the pads but i wont need to this one find out for myself for a while :sunglasses:

I have the same problem and now what to make it. First day start to make this strange mute unmute.When i mute hihat kick also is mute in the second day stop to make it and i make some beats and today start to mute and un mute. For me when the AR mk2 are going hot this problem strat! after i make factory reset the AR freez with the logo and stop to working :frowning: When i make test i have 1 eror

after some restart my AR start to working again very interesting and now when mute hihat or rim shot the kick also is mute. I try test mode and i do not have error now .

I received a replacement unit from Elektron yesterday and almost immediately upon firing it up, the mis-triggering pad mute issue reared its ugly head. It went away after a bit of playing, but returned after an hour away from the unit. Frustrating, to say the least. I hope it just needs a bit of ‘breaking in’ but I am beginning to lose confidence.

I have the same pad mute issue and i fixed it. Without to send to Elektron i contact with support and they say that in some case this help. first you need to make empty reset not factory then upload new latest version after that if you have the same issue make again empty reset and do not use factory kits because my AR only make this issue when i use factory presets. When you make empty reset your AR will be without this factory kits but if you this help you i think the kits is not a problem :slight_smile: I have the same issue and now my AR working one week without problem and i do not send to Elektron :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I will try that, thanks!

1 Like

I haven’t tried it yet. It hasn’t misbehaved since I wrote the above thread entry.

EDIT: Strike that - pads 4, 8, and 12 are at it again. I’ve amended my support ticket and now this replacement unit will be going back for repair. I hope this is the last time.

I have had my Mk2 for about 5 months now. I noticed the pad mute problem recently. When in mute mode, pad 5 will trigger pad 9 when muting or un-muting pad 5. In my experience it happens less than 50% of the time and usually happens after the unit has been powered on for several hours. It doesn’t happen to any other pads. Besides this issue happening sometimes, I haven’t really noticed any other issues with my Rytm. I guess I’m fortunate? For what it’s worth my serial ends in 72, though not sure what that’s supposed to mean… Anyone?

1 Like

You consider yourself fortunate that the fault happens “only” every so often? :slight_smile:

This is a pretty serious problem … and that makes me nervous.

1 Like

I mean, relative to the plethora of problems I’ve read about here the in the forum, yes, fortunate. Does that mean I think I’m fortunate to have a problem? I think you know that isn’t what I meant.

Both of my AR Mk2 units have had serial numbers that end in 72. Maybe they all do. With mine, it doesn’t matter if the unit has just been switched on, or left on for hours. It still happens. Less than 50% of the time, though. Still too often and unpredictably to use the Mute mode effectively as a live performance too. I’m shipping it back for repair - third time’s a charm?

I went through three replacements and the third one didn’t start acting up until after a few months of use. Sent that one in for repair and it just came back three weeks later with 1.40 installed. Now I’m worried about upgrading again, but I wasn’t given instructions not to. I should probably reach out to support and ask what’s up.

I’m on my 2nd unit. It’s been fine since I’ve gotten it (about 4-5 months ago). I’m not going to install this latest update as I’m worried it will F up my machine. Maybe the next update will get installed.

Mine has just started doing this on pad 10 as well. If I quickly tap some other 2 pads, then 10 will trigger as well, no matter what I’m doing - muting, playing, track select, anything. Elektron said it is likely a hardware fault, so got to find the time to visit a music shop now. Ah well.

1 Like

I think I’ve unfortunately got this curse in mute mode as well. Brand new AR Mk2, just set up a couple days ago, and when I press to mute one pad, all but Pad 1 / BD mute. Muting any pad 2 to 12 mutes all of pads 2-12. Anyone have an issue like this before?

Thanks!