Rytm MKII not being recognized by Overbridge 2

Im having trouble getting Overbridge 2 to see my Rytm. My Rytm does however talk to Transfer app and did the OS upgrade just fine with this same USB cable.

I’m running Mac OS 10.14 Mojave. Rytm at version 1.50A. USB Config > Overbridge on. Cable connected. nothing. Ive re-downloaded Overbridge 2.0 3 times already.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I’ve been having a lot of issues with Mac OS and its Privacy settings lately. Check to see if the Elektron apps are authorized in System Preferences > Security & Privacy. Might have to re-install until you are prompted once again to allow the Elektron apps to have access and be recognized by your DAW, USB ports etc. It’s just something I’ve come across, not sure if it’ll help you but it’s worth investigating :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply. I’m updating to OS Catalina and seeing if that helps. One thing I know is that I didn’t see Elektron anything in my Mac’s Security settings.

Ya it’s annoying; I am currently using Terminal to launch Bitwig because Mac OS doesn’t recognize the software, thus disabling audio inputs of any kind, even though Bitwig is explicitly white-listed/approved. So in essence Mac OS is granting Terminal access to the Microphone (audio inputs), not Bitwig. It’s my last Apple workstation for the time being, the next laptop will be Windows for sure. Good luck!

Just updated to Catalina, uninstalled Overbridge and re downloaded it. I can see that Analog Rytm App is in my Security Preferences but not Overbridge control panel.

Would using Terminal and “Bitwig” help me out in this circumstance?

Bitwig is just a DAW, but it requires similar permissions to run on Mac OS, so I guess you could try to use Terminal to open Overbridge, and maybe that’s one workaround. Bear in mind we still don’t know if this is the root of your problem; and this would not solve anything, just provide a workaround.

The command line I use to open Bitwig looks like this:
/Applications/Bitwig\ Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/BitwigStudio

I paste that in to Terminal every time I want to start Bitwig - it would be somewhat different for Overbridge/Overbridge Engine/Control Panel - as for what the command line would look like, your guess is as good as mine. It’s not a very convenient workaround, and again we don’t know for sure if this is causing the issue.
I swear I’ve seen other posts in this forum regarding Mac OS Privacy settings from when OB was in Beta, I’d look for possible solutions in here first.

Secondly, look around in Audio-MIDI Setup - sometimes for the Beta to work, deleting external devices, reinstalling the Beta, and then re-adding the devices worked… maybe it’s still an issue for this release? Also worth a try at least!

I had the same issue with Bitwig as @SkeenaCloud describes . The command line for starting the overbridge engine with full privacy settings is:
/Applications/Elektron/Overbridge\ Engine.app/Contents/MacOS/Overbridge\ Engine; exit

Just paste it in terminal as described before. Is there a fix for a permanent solution already?

3 Likes

man this saved me from pulling out some more hairs thank you. the privacy settings are so hidden for Mac