Rytm MKII grey vs black

Hi! I have read on reddit that perhaps the new black Rytm isn’t just a cosmetic upgrade but they improved some hardware bugs, buttons knobs etc. as well? Is this true or they’re identical inside and outside?

1 Like

A lot of early to mid period greys had the pad double triggering/misfire issue because of improper thickness of the data membrane sheets. I think they sorted that out with the later ones. Always worthwhile to ask for a demonstration video if you’re buying used for those greys. That was never an issue on the black ones afaik. Otherwise, im not aware of additional hardware upgrades to the black versions.

Prefer black all the way. Fit the Digitone and Analog Heat color scheme.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Could these be fixed tho? In case I buy an early grey but the issue is dormant.

1 Like

I definitely prefer the black, and it is the option I selected.

I sent mine in for fixing under warranty and they took care of it no problem. Works flawlessly and the pads even feel way better than before too. Nowadays Elektron will just send you the proper inserts and suggest you do it yourself. I’ve only read one report where someone still had problems after doing this fix. Everyone else i read about had no issues! Either way I believe Elektron will do their best to make it right.