Rytm MKII Backup and Reload

Hi there,

I recently tried to backup my Rytm and basically I am understanding that samples and project have to be saved separately, meaning:

C6 --> needs to be used to backup (unfortunately) every single project on its own
Transfer --> is used to backup all my sample folders of the Rytm to my computer

Now I have several questions.

1. All sysex (C6) files of the individual projects have the same size of 16kb, these files only contain sounds (kits and patterns) I used and stored within this project and no samples, correct?
  2. This means I need to backup all my sounds (lets say bank A-G contain sounds I created or bought before) from my sound library via the sound manager and transfer them separately to an C6 file, which again has the same size 16kb, which confuses me a bit (why has every C6 file the same size?)
  3. If I want to reload my projects via C6 i do have to use the exact same folder structure on my Rytm to be able to find the samples within my Project, right? OR just reload them again (max 127 samples) into the project so that I will be able to find/play them again.
    4)How do I get ALL my sounds back to bank A-G? I also have to send the separately saved sound library C6 file to my Rytm right - this has nothing to do with my project files, right?

I am asking this because saving all projects separately does not mean I have a backup of all my sounds or am I getting that wrong? I hope this is not too confusing, I am just trying to understand the concept of having a full backup of my Rytm containing all projects, sounds and samples.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello…anybody?

These are all relevant questions actually.

1 Like

As far as I can tell, you can’t backup the sounds you’ve saved on +Drive banks directly. Or I have missed something.

Regarding samples, folder hierarchy is ignored, you can put a sample wherever you want in the +Drive, it will be recognized the same.

In your project, the list of the sample used is saved so if you load your samples and project you shouldn’t have any trouble.

The size is def off there. they should be larger. double check your midi settings and verify you have usb or din selected as the case may be. I recommend setting your ports to USB only as it will transfer at full usb bandwidth rather than the 1983 midi speeds. :slight_smile:

Then go into C6 with input and output ports set to the rytm. choose receive then from settings on the rytm go to sysex and send xyz you should see data start trickling in.

Another thing to check, what OS are you on? I know in some instances sysex transmission was actually broken and so you may need to risk it with an update before backing up. :crying_cat_face: