Rytm MKII + Ableton 10 group tracks

Hello,

I am trying to separate tracks in ableton 10 to multiple audio tracks to be able to see clap, hihat, snare,kickdrum etc separately to put effects on just clap or hi hat. I ve made a group of the rytm with them but i hear the entire sequence on each channel. Can anybody please explain step by step how to do this?

Thanks

you need to chose the different source to every channel.

Thanks for the reply.

I am not using Overbridge, just rytm recording into ableton live. Any other way around it?

Are you using the individual outputs on the Rytm into an interface with enough inputs? Not sure how else you could seperate tracks without OB.

No, just the main out into the interface. It is working well in Ableton, but I was keen to know how to record individual tracks (kick, clap, snare, etc) by muting tracks in rytm and then separately record them into ableton’s individual audio tracks but I can’t find any tutorial / explanation online

What interface are you using? How many inputs does it have? Here’s two options.

From there you’ll want to get your ableton and rytm in as close sync as possible. You’ll be recording your track over and over so any slips or deviations will throw subsequent tracks out of time.

Go to mute mode on the rytm. Mute all tracks but the one you want to record. Set up a track for your main stereo inputs of your sound card in ableton.

Arm the track for record. And then begin recording. You should setup ableton to start and stop playback of the rytm.

Once you’re done recording (say BD for example) you’ll mute that track. Setup another ableton audio track assigned to the same input pair. And un mute the next track.

Repeat.

Option 2.

Download overbridge public beta and install.

Update rytm to os 1.46 (current beta version)

Follow this tutorial. https://youtu.be/HuMqsxYJ5SA