Rytm MK2 - Sound Management between Projects

Anyone know if there have been changes or upgrades to the sound management work flow from MK1?

The biggest gripe for me of the mk1 is how much of a pain in the butt it is to move sounds around from one Project to another especially when you have both sound engine settings + samples comprising a sound.

Yes (I know) and no (there haven’t). See the AR MK2 manual.

1 Like

boo. single best update/upgrade that they could have done imo. the inflexible sound management is just so arcane. especially since the soundpacks load to a new project giving you all the sounds distributed across multiple projects.

1 Like

Do you save your “sounds?”
Thats the best way I’ve found to use them across multiple projects.

2 Likes

It’s still an issue since I often layer samples with the sound engine. moving over to another project places the sample in the next available slot. in the project your importing to which is different from where you imported from.

would be nice if rytm could intelligently reupdate the mapping to the new location of the sample.

I thought when you saved a sound with a sample in the sound manager, that it referenced the sample from the +drive and not the ram.

from my understanding the sample slots are unique to the project. although ultimately falls under the +drive.

The sample is brought into one of the available sample slots in the current project. Everything is always streamed from ram; never from the +Drive.

I never did a simple test on it before.
I see now.
So it’s just loading it to the first available slot?

Cool man didn’t know that awesome thanks!

If I try to load one of the factory sounds I get different results depending on whether I use the sound browser or manager. Sometimes it brings the sample, sometimes it references an empty slot, sometimes it points to the slot number which has a different sample. :thinking: I have not made heads or tails of it…

Any sounds that I save myself, when loading to a project they target the right sample if I already have it in the list, or they add it to the next available slot if it’s not there, using either the browser or the manager, they always sound as they should…

Edit: I’m talking about my mk1…

The MK3 should be out in a couple years. Patience

1 Like