Rytm MK2 issues?

Hi all,

I have two Elektron machines and A4 MK2 and OT MK2 that I love. Looking for a solid drum machine to complement them. I was looking into the Rytm MK2 then read all kinds of software glitches that turned the machine into a non-functional brick. Has Elektron worked these issues out in the current production model? If not a Rytm, what would be a fun playable drum synth? Also looking into modular drums but that can get super expensive quickly. Tiptop Audio and Mutant Drums look fun.

They had a major bug for the MK2s a while back, but fixed it, which solved a majority of people’s issues (check the “MK2 Freezes” thread that is now basically dead). I also think there were some early growing pains with the pads During manufacturing, but we don’t see a lot of posts about that anymore. I’ve got a Rytm MK2 and haven’t had any issues.

3 Likes

Ah that is such a relief as I love the Elektron gear. The Rytm would complete my Elektron triumvate setup. That is if I don’t go down the modular drum route. I’ve tried other drum synths and don’t enjoy them as much and my Korg Volca beat drums is a toy.

I just got my Rytm this week and it is awesome. I’ve gone through a moderate amount of drum machines included MD MK1 non UW and this by far the best drum machine I’ve used… deeep sound and lovely performance features.

4 Likes

I’ve also done the circuit of different drum machines and recently just came back to the RYTM.

I had a DT that bricked itself within a couple of weeks. Returned that and got an AR2. That AR2 was a dud and was immediately returned. The 2nd AR2 I got has been rock solid for a few years now.

1 Like

glad that it worked out. So far my two Elektron MK2 boxes have been solid now for a couple years. I do need to upgrade the firmware on my A4 and get Overbridge for it.

1 Like