Rytm MK2 get stuck temporally with the Novation Launchcontrol XL

Hey Guys,

i have my Rytm set up with the Novation Launchcontrol XL.

When I use the Faders- the Rytm freezes but still running and then becoming „normal“ after few seconds.

Setup is:

Launchcontrol Faders controlling midi channel 1-8 which is set up in the Rytm to individual tracks.

Anyone had this already or knows what can it be?

Video Dropbox - rytm and launchcontrol issue .mov - Simplify your life

My guess is that it is a MIDI loop. Basically, the LaunchControl XL sending a message to the Rytm which sends the same message to the LaunchControl XL and so on.

If you turn off MIDI send on the Rytm, does it work?

Depending on the template being used or config in the DAW, you should be able to turn off the LaunchControl XL from receiving MIDI as well.

1 Like

Thanks I need to check. I need to send midi to clock other gear from the Rytm.

I have the retrokits 006 attached. It is hosting the Launchcontrol and is in a preset called „splitted brain“

The midi goes from the launchcontrol to the Ports 1-5 which is one to the Rytm Input.

The Rytm midi out goes to input 2 on the retrokits 006 which sending midi to 6-10. Im gonna check if it is sending midi also to the Launchcontrol and then therefore create a loop.

Ah yeah, that makes sense.

You shouldn’t have to turn off MIDI sending from the Rytm as the long-term solution, but doing so would tell us if there is a loop, so probably worth trying.

My guess is that the USB host part is behaving bidirectionally, which is hopefully behavior that is easily changed in the script. Another option would be to see if the LaunchControl XL can be set to ignore incoming midi. Lastly, could disable the CC out channel on the Rytm (clock/transport can still be sent).

Good luck!

I detached the midi out cable from the Rytm.

So it’s basically Launchcontrol XL over USB host (rk006) to the Rytm Midi Input and it still behaves the same.

The Midi of the RK-006 is bidirektional for the usb.

I try to filter this next.

It’s not fixed. I tried also another midi to usb host. Which is midi in over host to the rhythm with the same effect. Tried also different settings in the midi Setup on the Rytm. Didn’t help unfortunately. Really unsatisfying. Anyone have that issue or this setup working?