Rytm Mk2 for something besides techno/EDM?

Yeah agree, the parameter fidelity post editing can be pretty frustrating if trying to dodge some clicks. Still, it is what it is and it forces alternative ways of working so it’s fine.

@nivviri cheers.

I have been thinking about live performance a great deal recently, so your thoughts are quite useful here. I think i always forget how others might experience for the first time, what i hear all the time. Appreciate the comments.

I like the intensity you describe, that’s typically where i head for when making stuff. Always been curious about horror in sound. It has to give me shivers. :ghost:

Also, we put out these two tracks over the weekend. AR, dubby, electronic rawness.

6 Likes

Recent rytm thing I made while experimenting with some Perf mode glitch effects. I overdid it a few times but what Rytm jam isn’t complete w/o some overdoing it :smirk: ?

Chords on from another synth but I could have easily sampled them in to make this 100% rytm.

7 Likes

This is tight!

1 Like

Pretty nice, i love a bit of beat and chord, especially in that style.

My test with electro performance. Like rytm mk2 much better sound and ui.

4 Likes

There’s some really great stuff in this thread. The Cabin Jam by @jayhosking in the first post is mind blowingly awesome, and the boombap from @Sleepyhead has got my head bobbing. I saw this thread about a month ago when I had started a new track with the Rytm, trying to get away from doing obvious techno stuff. I used a bunch of pluck and brass samples with drive, compressor, and FX and wound up with a sort of chillwave/folktronica tune. I hope you all enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Funky stuff brother! How much of this is synthesis vs sample?

personally I always thought the RYTM was great for synthwave style drums, ala Com Truise. especially if you use old drum machine samples through that analog engine to grit them up a bit, then add extra beef with the analog engine to round them out.

This is prob. my fav. Rytm demo. Its a cover of a not techno/EDM song.
The first clip is longer and shows the whole process of programing/playing the song. The second is just the cover.

Thnx! It’s all synthetic.

2 Likes

I love this man.

The rytm can do this almost Sound Canvas like sound with samples like this. This is straight up some Monkey Island vibes.

1 Like

Remember that Plaid EP for the release of the Rytm?

4 Likes

I read through this thread, ran to my closet to get my Rytm out, I then proceed to make… techno. That’s my life I guess.

5 Likes

It can do any stuff if you start with a blank project and create from there.

before i bootleg a few of these…do you have a bandcamp page??

no! what a fantastic surprise!!

1 Like

It was also released with this video:

1 Like

Thanks for liking it! I don’t have a bandcamp page, but I did put some tapes on youtube and spotify:

3 Likes

thanks for sharing
i feel like i’m preaching to the choir somewhat but nobody seems to have this kinda depth and creativity in their promotional videos and projects

i love all the ones i’ve seen and need to find more

1 Like

I also love the creativity showed here. It also confirms my suspicion that AR is great at other styles of music compared to what I make.
I think I’ll eventually end up with A4 and a Moog Matriarch, perhaps the OT as well.
The A4 at this point comes pretty naturally to me every time I mess around with one.

I still feel most at home with this sort of stuff (no A4 here though, only the Moog and OT :slight_smile:): Far Home | Echoya

Another :smiley: - the Rytm is seriously my most love/hate piece of gear.

Current mode: :heartbeat:

12 Likes