Rytm mk1 CH issue

I bought a 2nd hand Rytm mk1 a little while ago and I absolutely love it. I’m just having a really weird, intermittent issue with the CH channel.

Basically, when turning on the device, sometimes that specific pad doesn’t respond. If I keep tapping it, eventually it’ll start working fine. I sort of assumed this was likely an issue with the connection beneath the pad, but I’ve also experienced a really weird, seemingly related, issue a couple of times. Suddenly, the CH channel stops sounding at all, even when sequenced. Again, if I mess about with the pad a bit, it seems to switch back on again after a bit. I’ve checked mutes in this situation and everything is as it should be.

I’ve searched the forum a bit and can’t find a similar issue, but also wasn’t exactly sure which search terms to use. Anyone got any ideas?

Sounds to me like the pad is getting stuck in either an on or off state. So the reason it isn’t being sequenced sometimes would be that it thinks it’s being held down with infinite length or something. Regardless of my complete guesses, be sure to raise a support ticket on Elektron.se pronto.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll raise a ticket, thanks Craig. Just wondering if this was a known issue or something obvious I was missing.

1 Like

this could also be the case…maybe the previous owner used CH a lot and the contact sheet between the pad and the PCB weared out/got damaged/dirty? :thinking:
you could try opening the AR and check things out yourself, unless there’s still warranty. different issue here but maybe worth giving it a try:

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll take a look at that as an option once I’ve spoken to elektron support in case they’re aware of an obvious fix.