Rytm Mk II Black impressions/question

I had a Rytm Mk I and I still have the Analog Keys.
Just got the Rytm Mk II and it’s very cool all around.
That said, one thing is nagging me:
The red LEDs on top of the 4 pattern selection buttons (below the selection arrows) are BRIGHT. Really BRIGHT, almost hurting.
In comparison, the Analog Keys has similar LEDs but they are nicely diffused.
How is everyone finding your Mk II LEDs?

I have mixed feelings about mine. During the day or with all the lights on in my living room, all is well. But when chilling in the bedroom with minimal ambient lighting (while the gf is trying to play Switch), it’s a distracting Christmas tree of horror. I so, so, so wish there were user settings for brightness (esp the pads). Otherwise, I love it!

2 Likes

So are the leds on the black model brighter than the grey? I’ve not noticed them being particularly bright in my grey one? Well not like the blue leds in the Evolver keyboards…like someone’s shining 63 laser pens in your eyes!

1 Like

I thought they’d made the LEDs a bit dimmer in the new firmware… I’ve always felt my (grey) AR2 was nowhere near as hard on the eyes as my Digitone.

1 Like

I don’t think it was a firmware thing (happy to be proved wrong) but that the black Mk2s had dimmer LEDs to account for the increased contrast against a jet black background.

1 Like

The thing is, all around I think it’s ok. (Black Rytm Mk II)
It’s a bright UI, but it’s all right, the pads, the sequencer buttons, the transport buttons.
But those 4 small pattern selection LEDs, they are just over the top blindingly bright.

2 Likes

:dark_sunglasses: :cool:

1 Like

Is there a way to dim the lights, particularly the pads, on the Rytm mk2 original. ???

Not yet. May they add this feature in a future update (the Octatrack just got it with 1.40).

2 Likes

This gives me hope!!

I wonder if there’s a list I can suggest potential updates to.
I have other thoughts. Like saving mute states to patterns, this has to be possible.

It is a trend when one device gets something they all end up with it eventually…
So wouldn’t be surprised if they all end up with the dimming option…
It’s never bothered me but a lot of people complain about the LEDs

1 Like

So you’re telling me there’s a chance that the MD will get an update to get almost even with the others (Conditional Trigs, operation on more than one Trig, etc.)? Grandma will be pleased to get a makeover.

1 Like

Sorry not grandma MD. she’s too old for a makeover :sweat:

2 Likes

There is indeed:

2 Likes

The feature request thread is great for discussing possible features but to actually make a feature request, you should send an email to: feature-request@elektron.se.

4 Likes