Rytm > Mixer > AH

Hello,

I have my Rytm MkII going through a mixer and then through the Heat before it gets to my computer. I’m confused about the EQ situation. Should I turn both EQs down on the Heat and use them on the mixer, or should I not use the mixer EQ and just use the high and low EQs on Heat? I prefer my Mixer’s EQ section and it’s got sweepable mids in addition to high and low.

At the moment I’m using a little of both but it just feels odd. The Heat doesn’t have that marked center position… I feel like Heat will somehow take away from the EQ settings I’ve set on the mixer and that is why I’m not sure if I need to counter-act that by using Heat’s EQ as well. Perhaps I should leave the Heat’s EQs center and just use the mixer’s? Just looking for a little friendly advice from someone whose been doing this awhile. Thanks!

Just realized that the audio signal goes through Heat last and so Heat kinda gets the last say before it arrives at the computer. Still want to somehow use the EQ on the Mixer though. I guess I have to keep using some of both… Still appreciate any tips!