RYTM Midi queries

Hi, I’m this close to getting a RYTM, but have some questions regarding Midi implementation. I’ve read the manual but its not clear to me.

If I wanted to control the RYTM with a keyboard (I have an SLMkII), can I play one of the tracks chromatically? Is it different midi channels per track, per pad, per…? The manual doesn’t seem to be clear on this but I’m also a bit dyslexic so if it is there please tell me where!

The main things I want to do with midi are:

Play melodies on the keyboard
Trigger one shot samples
Play with filters
Have it all clocked, but also be able to turn off clocking quite easily.

And probably more

Thanks all! I’ve enjoyed reading the forum so far seems like a great community.

Welcome to the forum!

You can do all of these.

Awesome! Can it be done with relative ease? How flexible is it - are there set defaults on what channel does what track? Are there any tutorials/examples you know of? Thanks for your time hugely appreciated

“relative ease” is relative. There will be a small amount of setting up to do.

The basic information is given in the section of the manual called “MIDI Notes”. It will be easier to understand if you have the AR in front of you and learn what it can do one step at a time.

You will find lots of other material by searching on the forum for answers to specific questions.

Thanks for the help - I suppose my other question is whether there are any/many quirks to be aware of.

Apparently the pitch tracking on the VCO isn’t perfect, but those are old posts i’m seeing - has it been fixed or improved?

Ah yes! The midi notes section is the bit I needed - I’d skipped straight to Midi CCs :slight_smile: Thanks!