Rytm has a burned LCD

You can try to leave mk1s turned on like 48 h, for some it helped a lot, for some ( also my a4 1 ) maybe a little bit. I still think if i should send my beloved a4 1 to swenden, but its on the left side of my screen.
Some were able to solve with opening up and turning a screw in older threads.

1 Like

In one of the ā€œhow do I upgrade my yellow OLED to the newer white OLEDā€ threads that seem to have been popular for a while, someone ordered a screen (by itself) from care for somewhere under $30 USD. If you can identify the screen type by part number and source it outside of elektron, I would guess itā€™s probably made by winstar and also probably somewhere in the $20-40 range if itā€™s just an original replacement. I canā€™t guarantee care has this part in stock though so youā€™d have to email them and find out. Finding a reputable shop is another issue, you could try on here but sometimes itā€™s enough to go look at the reviews associated with various places that pop up through google. Find out about how long they guarantee their work for, etc. Compare that against the cost of shipping it to elektron or against cutting your losses by backing up your projects - selling in ā€œas isā€ condition, and replacing with another unit. A lot of it is going to be research and judgement on your part as far as whatā€™s acceptable to you I think. good luck either way though, very frustrating Iā€™m sure.

2 Likes

This made a world of difference. I left it on for 24 hours and the issue greatly improved. I turned it off for a few then booted back upā€¦ Now the line is nearly gone. Hoping a rinse and repeat will completely remove it. Thanks for the suggestion!

4 Likes

I love seeing this kind of follow up post where a simple resolution nearly fixes a problem entirely, canā€™t think of any better outcome.

1 Like

Mine burnt out on my MK1 of course it happened right after the warranty ran out. Had to send it to Elektron and they had to replace the main board it cost me something like $400 maybe more I donā€™t remember.
It started slowly where the screen was ghosting and would be slow to refresh when going through the menus then it was just completely white.

It sucks because Iā€™ve had my MnM and MDUW for a lot longer and have zero issues with their build quality. Iā€™m pretty sure Elektron cheaped out on the screens on the AR and A4, pretty unusual for gear in the pro quality price range to have burnt out LCD screens in this day and age. Not sure if they remedied the issue with the MK2 versions (not that I could afford to just upgrade for no reason) but yea I was pretty disappointed with the whole experience, when I buy expensive gear I expect it to last a lifetime as long as itā€™s properly cared for.

thatā€™s a bummer, but valuable input for posterity. I take it that MD, MNM and OT mkI use a different screen to a4 and RYTM mkI then?

Oh no! I need to check mine as well as itā€™s pretty new.

Yea itā€™s a totally different screen also almost 20 year old tech yet somehow lasts much longer than the newer stuff