Rytm calibration keeps failing after 1.30 OS update

Hello everyone! I hope you can help me. I recently bought a Rytm. Weirdly, though it says it was manufactured in May 2016, it did not bring the 1.30 OS (which was launched in April), so I had to update it. Everything went fine and the screen said I needed to run the calibration process. However, I have tried six different times (in cases with a previous warming up of up to 6 hours), and I always get the same error: CALIBRATION FAILED DRUM CAL 1. I am really worried about this, and I would really appreciate anyone’s help.
Thank you very much in advance.

If you have followed the procedure, warming the machine and try 6 times… Did you reset the machine, reboot try it again and failed again … and if i were you i would opening a support ticket on elektron website they should advise you then… on NEXT…

NB : maybe someone will help you better than me.

Hello and thank you for your answer! What do you mean by reseting the machine?

** I do not want to make the problem worst… my advise is to open a support ticket.** better because Elektron will give you the exact and safe operation

But sometimes when something is strange on the boot up menu function maintain + switch on the machine i make a Factory RESET… AND THEN redo the failed operation

Thank you so much, I will follow your suggestion and open first a ticket, then eventually the Factory reset.

Yes it’s better :wink: it’s somehow a bit technical so better to follow technician hints

This sounds like a failed voice circuit from what I’ve gathered monitoring similar reports, but I am not sure. However, what I would say is that you should not worry … the device is obviously within warranty and you may have options with your retailer beyond that.

Either way, check with support as advised

It is my understanding that the 2hr+ pre-heat is just to ensure the board is at the right temperature … i’d be surprised if a premature calibration would fail, it just wouldn’t be optimal … so basically, if you are getting that error it sounds like the voice circuit is not right … it will be covered although it’s not convenient of course

1 Like

I really really really don’t want to have that problem. I bought it in Europe (in a store, Brand new), but I live in South America. If that is the problem, I will be really disappointed with Elektron’s quality. My screen in AK is vanishing with time (three months old, besides they dropped the price US 400 one month after buying it; not US 100, US 400!). Roland might not be as creative as it was lately, but their (japanese) products will last forever without an issue.

No panic. Report that to Elektron in the upcoming exchange :wink: maybe they will fix that by giving you the exact procedure without to return it. But explain everything you will be heard :wink:

I’m sorry that you’ve had two rotten bits of bad luck, but I can assure you my Japanese Roland stuff is not beyond having quality problems

I think you ought to explore options with the store, either way a European round trip is likely scheduled for your drum box

Have a read through the fixes suggested in teh Rytm thread about LCD burn

Mmmmm. It seems many of us are having “bad luck” around here. Just go to Rolandclan forum and check out how many issues of (chinese) US 400 dollars machines are there, compared to the many I permanently read in this forum. We are talking about US 1500 “swedish” machines, whatever that means!!!

Every satisfied user not post their satisfaction. There’s only the problem and request.

i’m SUPER SATISFIED and SORRY you have issues @mahobe mahobe

Thanks, it’s not a matter of my issue. It’s the many issues I read in this forum for products of US 1500. I even read a moderator saying to someone with a screen problem in Rytm: “ok, but it’s only if you don’t use it for some time”, or something like that. WTF? So it means I need to schedule to turn it on from time to time to avoid it? Does it mean you or anyone else will have the same issue if more tan x days pass before you turn it on again? How do you know you will not have that problem? I mean: it seems that these guys are really available (I had another minor issue when I bought my OT in Germany) but it’s not a matter of being available. It looks like a matter of lack of quality control related to EXPENSIVE machines.

I can understand what you said. But to me and no offense on what i will say now. It’s like disease symptom and reading on internet to find what (maybe) what you have… + the resulting anguish, fear…
Is it not a bit stupid ? i have my answer, my personal one i go see a doctor (and maybe going to make some test) If you’re going on Trip Advisor you will see more complaint than people posting their satisfaction ! Is the restaurant is BAD… No if 20 complaints posted… and 200 people eating every day since years :wink:

Now if i buy something, with 3 years warranty i feel safe a bit BUT everything can happen… If i have problem i claim to the brand to be covered because i’m in my warranty and if they not answering correctly to that i will not buy to that company anymore.

That moderator FTW
That’s the pragmatic thing to say, if a problem can be resolved by just using it, rather than returning it, with no guarantee the next screen will be any different if left alone, well, good no

Anyway, Moderators are not representatives for Elektron, this is a user community, if you want official advice you have to contact support, as I suggested above and in that thread

I can’t speak for Elektron, but I’m not sure how you’d test a component for which an issue only manifests after extended periods of being unused (i.e. months) and given that it seems to clear up after some further usage it doesn’t fill me with too many concerns tbh … i’d hope that if it was resolvable at source they’d source improved components not prone to this … obviously in their interest (any company for that matter) to minimise complaints/returns anyway