Rytm Bug 1.46 Beta Sample Start

Sample Start Bug.

Curious if anyone else has come across this (as I couldn’t find it anywhere):

While hitting a pad and adjusting sample start, the sample start parameter randomly stops responding. The trigs with sample start locks still work correctly, but the sample start parameter does not respond to knob tweeks. I’ve tried selecting different tracks and loading different patterns, but the bug seems to persist until the device is restarted.

Anyone?

Anyone?

i’m on rytm mk1 fw 1.46beta and just tried to lock the sample start of some trigs and everything seems normal.

have you tried to replicate it in a fresh project?

what exactly do you mean by „while hitting a pad“ - are you trying to lock the parameter on a step? (sequencer button) or playing a long sample via a pad and adjust the sample start while it plays?

It doesn’t happen every time, but when it does it seems to lock. I mean when I am physically tapping the silicon pad to monitor the sound while adjusting the parameter.

ok, i will try that again later. but have to get some sleep first… what about trying it in a new project? any aftertouch/ pressure modulations active on the pads?

Sure. I’ll have to do the new project test. It just happens so infrequently, but when it does, it’s annoying as hell.

The pad seems to function as normal, just the sample start parameter ceases to respond (it moves visually, but there’s no change to the sample until after a reboot).

I just tested it again, but was not able to reproduce it, albeit hammering the pad like crazy whilst turning the knob for quite a while :wink: if it happens to me in the future, i hope to remenber this topic… were you able to reproduce it on another/new project?

I was jamming the other day without an instance of it, but it does happen. Definitely remember if it happens in the future! Thanks for checking it out! :smile:

1 Like