RYTM Backup Structure / Keeping It Clean : )

Ok, so I just performed a format on my +Drive so that I could start over fresh.

Before I get stuck in again with new projects I just want to clarify one or two things -

I stupidly thought that when I backed up a project and reinstated it via C6 that the project would re-appear despite me having formatted the +Drive but clearly that’s not the case.

So, does that mean that the project itself isn’t saved via C6 or Elektron Transfer? That it’s the project content that is saved? Given that projects are supposedly saved via the apps, I assumed that even with a full wipe of the RYTM that I would still have access to my saved projects but I can only access the kits and sounds, not the project master file itself.

So, this leads me to think that in future if my project folder is getting a bit messy I am best to just delete the unwanted projects and kits individually rather than perform a full format?

It is a little annoying that all my project master files are seeimgnly gone with the wind but I suppose it means I have no choice but to work on new projects now lol and in future I will know not to perform a drive format.

I guess I was curious and now I have learnt the hard way haha :flushed:

ouch …

okay - it sounds like you attempted to do some backing up

if you backed it up - then you should be able to pull that backup into a new project slot in the AR

the points i made in your earlier post were fairly clear - it sounds like you have retained something but it’s important to understand all the various ways that things are store on the +drive

there are a fair few topics on this stuff

but you’d be looking to backup sounds and projects before doing anything that might compromise that - including understanding the various save states of projects, there are temporary working versions and saved versions of aspects of the current project

the key thing i said was what i focus on, backing up anything i would miss - i’ve been there and lost stuff like this before - it focuses teh mind to get on top of it

sorry to hear you may have lost something, but if you copied the projects you needed (and they were saved as you needed) then you do have some hope of loading stuff back in, best to refer to the manual and browse threads here for info - but always read the manual for accurate info and always backup regularly

i always qualify such advice with those sentiments - it’s vital to know how to backup what you’d miss and to do it often - my home computers get cloned every 4 days, i’ve learned the hard way on too many occasions the cost of not doing that, it’s brutal

Isn t it so that after sending your project backup via C6 it s now in working memory (so you can access its patterns, kits etc ) and you simply have to save it as a project manually? (I could be getting this wrong. Haven t done it in a while and mine s boxes up right now. )

1 Like

Yeah, I was being a complete moron. If an admin can delete this thread then fire away, my head wasn’t working when I typed this. Long day with the kids screaming non stop lol