RUMOR : Elektron Mixer thing

Surely an elektron mixer would have to offer the x-fader + scenes from the Octatrack, as well as a step sequencer for p-locked fx/eq/volume/routing. Level meters as well please. And while we are at it, maybe a little resampling/looping?

1 Like

Exactly

If Elektron would come out with such a mixer today, ppl which wanted a elektron mixer for ages would say that elektron releases new machine while the others are full of bugs and unfinished.

1 Like

love the look of the Xone mixer with those sexy colours on the l.e.d. meters

1 Like

Oh the bugs, these things are FULL off BUGS, itā€™s disgraceful, but theyā€™ll make you coffee.

1 Like

I would love a mixer from Elektron. But it should have the scenes and crossfader from OT. That is one of the best ways to mess around during a jam. A mixer with effects. like compressor on each track. Plus master compressor and maybe the Analog Heat at the master out. Delay and reverb pr track. All p-lockā€™able. Doesnt even need an internal sequencer for it to work. Just scenes and a crossfader!

It wouldnt hurt including a sequencer. But then people would complain that it doesnt have enough cv/gate outs. Or cv/gate in. Or not enough Overbridge usb ports.

2 Likes

scenes and crossfader from OT for sure ā€¦ as regards a sequencer, i donā€™t think it would be missed, as the device would be feature packed already. A second crossfader would be nice for simple volume crossfading functionality, with a similar scenario to the djm800 mixerā€™s approach with each track either being designated as A side, B side, or neither.

but the ability to send out a midi clock and transport signal would be cool (using the time-feel and coding of the Machinedrumā€™s midi clock time feel, as that is the ultimate danceable midi clock i have ever heard, if that isnā€™t too ridiculous-sounding a statement)ā€¦

and perhaps also act as an optional one-in four-out midi expansion functionality.

Hey, Iā€™m just an observer of this strange forum and it was just a speculation based on the comments I read here everyday.

Have a nice weekend all of you.

I think you graduated from observer

I like these ideas.
I agree, the sequencer may not really be needed on such a device.
On the original version I was thinking it would.
As for the cross, Itā€™s a joystick now, twice as much fun.
As seen in another thread, it actually needs 2 joysticks, one with a spring, one without.
Iā€™m filing a support ticket ASAP.

It should be like the Roland MX-1 with Audio over USB for Overbridge Devices. And with Roland Audio over USB compability.

1 Like