RUMOR : Elektron Mixer thing

Rytm is Swedish for Rhythm.
Unfortunately Mixer in Swedish is Mixer… :frowning:

An Elektron mixer would sell like mad.[/quote]
dang!
i thought they were swiss, all along.
mixer in swiss german is “mixr”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
[/quote]
ahaa, well maybe they could name it in swiss just to MIX it up a bit!

Really impressed !!!
+1 send to HQ

Awesome :joy:

Solid knobs would be a welcome addition for me too :+1: I find encoders the worst bit of elektrons design… (Aside from pads)

I thought it has a reverb send effekt and compression?[/quote]
OK, it has 2 FX I’d use, maybe.
However, I got OT on that duty already, and I doubt the K-mix will make me wanna replace that.

I dont mind the Elektron encoders, and I’ve grown to like the pads on the AR too. I’m no world class finger drummer, but it gets the job done.
I used to have a Tempest, I’m not sure the pads were any “better,” sure they were a lot different, but they had their own quirks.

id love to see an elektron mixer - like the aira mixer that was just announced at NAMM. being able to plug in via USB would be nice but also have several additional channels for other gear.

firstly : this time I didnt fall for this fake … but whoever made this gets respect from me for the beautiful render!

secondly:

how come nobody recognizes the genius S T A N D ??? … in my head this already existed, but neither 3d nor that cool … please get the stand into production, preferably with a 3rd bar on the ground! …

+1

I just found that picture of one the web,
There was an Octatrack there.

I just found that picture of one the web,
There was an Octatrack there.[/quote]
can’t find the thread, but the poster had repurposed a hinge from another unrelated product

6 track mixer (4 stereo + 2 USB Overbridge ready host ports) with fx send return, main + aux stereo outs (with crossfader) and ability to hook-up to DAW with Overbridge. Also 16-step sequencer with each track assignable to it’s own pattern. Too much? :stuck_out_tongue:

Why one crossfader when you can have a performance mode with 9 faders and multiple scenes?

Why carry another box around when the Octatrack could do all of this. A MKII with 8 inputs and an all analog signal path with the option to send to effects as the A4 does…maybe also add the analog compressor technology used in the Rytm.

Good point.
More knobs too!

It would be great to have the MixR

for the ones wondering about the stand,
I think @slx made that one or something similar and @dead209 has another super simple solution.

i posted a compilation of stands a while ago:
http://www.elektronauts.com/t/elektron-rack-end-cheek-mount-diy-compilation/6354

There you have links to all the posts and authors.

thanks fortes! … I pm ed that guy! … looks like a mod thing of a german toy he is using … cheers and thanks again for looking up the thread, and creating it in the first place!

the faders are too short!
I suppose if I’d want to see a mixer form Elektron I’d want a pretty high input density in order to accomodate several Elektron multi-output devices in addition to some mono synths, modulars and a vintage drum machine or two.
I suppose you could use tascam format DB25 for a standard balanced multipair cable of 8 channels. maybe have 4 of those coming in, with an A buss and B buss for crossfading stunts. and then you want to have at least 4 outs. 2 main out and an alt out or cue out.
If it is going to be the mixing heart of an Elektron rig it may as well have midi centralize there as well. A TMx4 built in would be wicked. Then you can set/change tempo from one place.
EQ and VCA automation could be cool too.

I am throwing money at my monitor but nothing happens. Jokes aside I really do hope something like that mixer is indeed produced by elektron.

Want!. Yes, Need! Really impressed by the image! It doesn’t have to be just a mixer - make it a dedicated MIDI sequencer for 4-8 instruments too!
If it won’t fit, make a break-out box for the I/O.
The great part is that the mock-up makes sense - Elektron probably already knows this but I have to say with experience that there’s a need for a Live PA mixer more tailored to our needs from Elektron - its overdue. Makes most sense because Elektron sequencing could make it killer. They might think Octatrack or Thru machines is enough but once you start adding more and more instruments, effects, etc. not enough!

MIDI - For God’s sake, keep the MIDI simple, add a Piano roll window! On the MIDI page for each track they could make the knobs a 24 controls for the external instruments, It is only 4 instruments, double it to 48 controls including Elektron’s strength in usually provided features. 16 steps with swing adjustment or how about patterns to select?
4-8 MIDI Outs for controlling other gear would be killer. Skip the Thru or ad pages for other instruments to Thru controls to other instruments on another channel… save space. May’be give it a break-out box to get more I/O but if you want to make it great, it needs more than four stereo inputs and atlas two stereo outs - you should have four stereo inputs if you include 4 midi outputs but, but, but…It would be even greater if you made the eight faders one for stereo channels and making it with four more stereo ins to make it 16 channels on 8 faders).

Knobs above the track - the three knobs above could be ISO EQ HI/MID/LOW, Shift could be Gain/Pan/Filter but looking at it again, duh! the page selections on the right make sense. If it was for filter control, even tap the top knob to select the Band Pass…probably a bit too much but who knows? Maybe layers or pages that make sense?

I/O - Even if they had to use TRS type jacks for stereo inputs I guess you could reduce the faders down to four and space things out but the 8 faders imaged here makes you really want 16 channels! That said, you’d still want two stereo output pairs and a headphone jack atleast.
**If you took two stereo connections and made a Send/Return - even more of a killer feature! It would only be best for stereo if we had extra accessories included one of those bars to connect the faders into stereo. Now that I think about it, even if it was just an 8-track with 4 stereo/8 mono mixer it would be fine but having Elektron miss that opportunity to make it a sequencer for 4-8 instruments would be a shame. They make it a hub for Overbridge so that the Analog instruments don’t need stereo inputs but, but, but, are you following still? Needs to have 4+ stereo inputs to be better than average. Believe me, I’ve explored this with the Mackie Onxy 16, a Xone:464, a Xone:92, a Xone:DB2, Rolls MX42s and even two Octatracks - the thing imaged here is really close to what would be ideal for live performers and experimenters.

I really hope Elektron is looking at the potential here. CONSIDER THIS IDEA AS WORTHY. To have a real mixer/Live PA from a company that can make it possible to run your whole show on this is awesome.

WE ARE DREAMING - but everything you see here is close to something that is possible.

As long as it can mix overbridge sources via USB and also the knobs can be used as an anlog style CV sequencer I all for it :slight_smile:

Rytm is Swedish for Rhythm.
Unfortunately Mixer in Swedish is Mixer… :frowning:

An Elektron mixer would sell like mad.[/quote]
dang!
i thought they were swiss, all along.
mixer in swiss german is “mixr”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
[/quote]
or it’s “mischer” :wink: