Round Fuzz problem

Hi guys,

New poster here and fairly new to Elektron gear so be gentle please!

I purchased an Analog Heat at the weekend and love its capabilities so far, however I’ve noticed something with the Round Fuzz setting today that was not happening before - when flicking to this setting the bass tone is audibly present for a second or so then the sound loses its weight and becomes very mid-nasal almost like a 80s Atari game soundtrack! Tried on various sounds and different drive/crunch settings and same result. Filter bypassed. I’m sure the sound was much weightier when I first auditioned over the weekend. All other circuits are behaving as expected. This happens both with analogue feed and also with Overbridge inside the computer.

Any ideas? Faulty unit? Am I missing something?Should I get in touch with tech support?

Thanks for any advice.

You’re loosing bass ? No change when you turn bass eq ?
Did you try with different presets ?

I tried on an 808 drum pattern and got better results with bass, but have to drive quite hard. I was originally running 909 through it and the kick sounded wrong… could be my ears. Strange that it sounded full for first few seconds when switching to Round Fuzz. And yes had bass eq turned up but sounded wrong. Should upload an audio example.

Wonder what others experience?

same problem here, I submitted a support ticket.

Any news? I might have experienced something similar

What kind of news do you expect?
It would be interesting to hear recordings of what you consider problematic.

Round Fuzz is particular. It seems based on an octave fuzz like Octavio.
Chords become muddy, doesn’t fit all audio material.

1 Like

it’s like turning gain and volume all up on analog drive and every circuit sounds nearly the same, you may turn back your dials a bit and enjoy

Btw I think AD’s Harmonic Fuzz is similar to AH’s Round Fuzz, even if the description is different.

HARMONIC FUZZ Octave fuzz with a smooth feel. Based on a fuzz that is out of production. (Which one is a well-kept secret.)

ROUND FUZZ Adds a lot of harmonics and alters the signal in interesting and often unpredictable ways.

1 Like

Hello, I have the Same issue and waiting for elektron’s response, did you fix it yet?