Roli Seaboard with Digitone

Also, the Modor nf-1 (both compact and full version) has MPE support. 8 voice digital with some FM and unique features. Single timbre, I believe.

This thread kind of has me interested in the Linnstrument again . . .

Yes, perhaps someone with their Digitone hooked up to their DAW or their Octatrack might be so kind as to bombard the little bugger with 4 channels of CC Armageddon for us: i.e. note, gate, velocity, pitch, mod-wheel, and aftertouch; all on a per-channel basis, just to see if you get any hung notes, suspect behaviour, or a full-on freeze. I, for one, would greatly appreciate it.

Oh, and if you’ve got the means to try that using the DIN connection instead of USB, that would be ideal, because I don’t usually have a USB host device in my live rig; although if anyone using controllers has any suggestions for a compact and reliable, standalone USB 3 hub and host, I’m all ears (grin).

By the way, just a word of advice to those of you with complicated MIDI setups who are thinking about venturing into MPE territory: the one thing that a lot of people don’t realize is that most MPE devices listen to ALL 16 channels simultaneously by default, with no way to filter that on the device itself. So you’ll need an external solution for that; otherwise your MPE synth will respond to every MIDI note flying around, whether it was the intended target or not! Roli’s software apps have channel filtering built-in, but they are, as of yet, the exception unfortunately. This is a good argument for using multitimbral synths instead, because you choose what channels are being heard.

For the record, you can choose what channels the LinnStrument is sending on, but that still doesn’t stop the MPE synth at the other end from listening to other devices, so the above warning still applies. As far as I know, for example, both the MicroMonsta and Modor NF-1 suffer from this limitation (hint, hint).

Cheers!