Erased

Thanks for your feedback!

That’s what I want to do, with deep midi control of course ! Btw thanks to @j74 for Sysex listing, I planned to use them with a midi processor and saw your interesting posts elsewhere !
I should have searched on Elektronauts first!

The Perform VE has a sampling (midi pitch control / play), and a looper function.
I have to check its midi implementation.

Synthdudes gonna dudesplain, especially on Reddit. I’ve definitely seen a lot of AIRA gear on stage since they came out, no matter what the Gearslutz hive thinks of Roland.

2 Likes

I wasn’t able to sync the delay with an external midi clock, any tips? All the infos/manuals are mentioning the midi only for the pitch with vocoder, etc.

I haven’t used the delay on the vt-4 in a while, I’ll see if I can find time to check on it tomorrow.

1 Like

Full midi implementation document.
VT-4_MIDI_Imple_eng02_W.pdf (58.6 KB)

2 Likes

Sync note is on reverb parameter 2.
I’m able to edit it with VT4Control, but it’s not synched to the clock, it’s a parameter depending on the value entered only. Same for the mode/parameter 1.
In the implementation chart, clock is noted as recognized by the VT4, so I guess I’m missing something.

Ok, after some investigation, clock is received with midi usb (VT4 sync out on Ableton), but I couldn’t receive the clock with midi din (tried with my audio interface, sync out on ableton, and also with my octatrack sending the clock). Weird :confused:

Please poke me if someone find a workaround. Thanks :slight_smile:

yes this sounds very interesting. i have a phantom powered mic, which if i understand correctly I could plug in to the VT-4, and the audio out to the OT MK2, and then also add octatrack effects to it.

Did you try this already?
whats the best ‘machine’ in the octa to use for it and what are the coolest effects for voice?

I bought a Perform VE. Works nicely as is, but I prefered to add a real preamp (Art Pro Channel II). @Soarer have/had VT4 and PVE, he’s point of view is surely interesting.

The most interesting of PVE for me is midi control of notes and voxal fx with OT midi tracks.

Flex is always the best! With recorders it can be used as Thru, Neighbor, Pickup, Master track, Fx send/return…

You can add additional mangling with Flex, add a few fx, but the PVE already has some fx. Appart from vocal fx, I only use reverb, delay.

2 Likes

thanks for pointing out the perform-VE :-), might be even more what I’m looking for.

" The most interesting of PVE for me is midi control of notes and voxal fx with OT midi tracks. "

could you elaborate on this?

Can’t do it much right now. You can sequence 8 midi notes for harmonies, and control around 30 parameters you can find in PVE manual.

thanks!

1 Like

so a year later, what are people using for vocals? anything new on the market that’s better than roland VT-4 or perform VE?

I don’t think there’s any real consensus, maybe the TC Live series?

I replaced mine with a Zoom V6, which is a bit more versatile than the VT-4 and comes with a purpose-designed microphone. After that I’ve purchased the Roland V-Synth XT which has the Vocal Designer card built in. I’m quite sure I don’t need any vocal hardware tools ever again. I’m happy with these.

2 Likes