Roland TR-8S

I’m feeling quite laid back about this as both my MacBook Pro & Windows laptop have SD slots built in. I’ll be dropping samples into it straight from the folders in Live which I have on both machines so this should be a doddle.

Wait… What?

Can you elaborate on this please?

I have all voices routed individually, removed from main via menu, and I’ll use the master outs on a stereo mixer channel to bring in/use the on board FX (as they stay on master even if voices are removed)… Is that what you’re talking about, or is there some other magix I don’t know about?

I just did a quick cntrl-F in manual but don’t see anything…

take a look also at the RYO Airtenuators. easiest build and very handy, no rack space or power required

1 Like

And don’t Koma do an attenuator cable … nifty inline thing with a slider in the middle

Yup, I googled the RYO, whose website pointed to Perfect Circuit Audio - so I went to PCA’s site, searched, and found the KOMA instead of the RYO, lol

1 Like

yea the komas work fine too. they are just a little fiddly to get the levels right and you might accidentally knock the slider out of position and blast your gear with too hot a gate from the tr8s …

1 Like

Got one coming, truly excited for this one!
Roland came correct

1 Like

Who’d you order from?

Guitar Center

1 Like

Got an eta on shipping? Just curious

Manager said by mid next week, but the GC page says they get more on the 18th so not sure
Hope it arrives next week :nerd_face:

1 Like

Sweetwater is shipping as of today :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

one thing does cross my mind though when looking at this, its exactly the same price in AUS as a second hand OT :astonished::joy:

Take note SP-16 user: You can use a SD card in a USB adapter in both SP-16 and DJS-1000.
So sample in Pioneer and play back in Roland TR-8S

1 Like

yes… but apples and oranges really… as an ex-ot owner, I don’t think they overlap that much.

1 Like

not with a wrap of electrical tape around it you wont … :wink:

Just got shipping notice, should be arriving Monday (UK).

1 Like

^
who did you order with mate btw ?

Red Dog, pre-ordered first day. Think their initial pre-orders have all been fufilled as their release date has moved back on their webpage.

1 Like

^
woot! just got my call from GuitarGuitar - Monday, UK!

2 Likes