Roland TR-8S

Filter Env Depth is available for the control knob

1 Like

yes !

1 Like

So all normal sample params are within reach of being modulation sequencedā€¦ great news. Thank you very much, no reason now for me not to orderā€¦ damn.

1 Like

Where is this available for sale at, specifically in Canada or internationally? I canā€™t find it available anywhere except places that ONLY ship within the United States!

No-one currently has any as the first batch was pretty small - 2nd batch is due 2nd week of may. Everywhere should be taking pre-orders

Sure itĀ“s 2nd week of may? Gear4music told me to excpect it around 18-20 april.

Best place to order? I assume Sweetwater will be pretty swamped with pre-orders.

:fire:

New kit for you guys!!

The ā€œx0x Kitā€ consists of 909 ACB Kick, Snare and hats plus some cool 101 and 303 samples I recorded, including a nice chord sample from the SH-01A.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

You. Are. The. Man. Thank you Xox!

2 Likes

And just to whet appetites more, I was jamming last night after a week off and I swear an hour went by in a heartbeat, with me dancing in my chair for most of it. It is just plain fun. But when ready to record, the sound is so punchy and tight, really balancing options plus limits to get stuff done. In short, Roland really did a great job with this unit. And to repeat myself ad nauseum - this plus and MD is all the drumz you should ever need.

3 Likes

Seems like it would be massive! Any sketches using that combo youā€™d care to share here, please @atimchak ?

new firmware https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/tr-8s/updates_drivers/756137a2-c39f-40da-a776-a8f54750edef/

Does anyone know if the optimize bug is fixed yet? Iā€™ve got some samples appearing with the wrong name, but last time I tried to optimize it made things worse.

Anyone know how to do an empty reset? Thereā€™s a lot of garbage presets (kits & patterns) and Iā€™d rather make beats than spend time deleting all that nonsense. From the manual all I can figure out is a factory reset, which basically does the exact opposite.

edit:
actually patterns are pretty easy: [clear] + pattern. derp.
now kitsā€¦ ?

You can only clear them to the default 808 kit.

Thatā€™s quite annoying

EDIT: I suppose you could copy any kit over the other kits. Would take some time though

Hi,

just to clearify: saved Kits contain the samples as well? The kit is only 900kb or soā€¦ really small samples then.

K

yes.

Yes they do