Roland TR-8S

Inspired me to make another little demo

9 Likes

Man, youā€™re on fire with this thing! This trackā€™s playing as Iā€™m serving breakfast to the family. Theyā€™re letting you know they dig it tooā€‹:blush::man:t2::woman:t3::girl:t2::boy:t3::baby:t3:

1 Like

It did physically make my head bobā€¦ The endā€™s awesomeā€¦ Thereā€™s something about that groove, itā€™s legitā€¦

This one is exceptionally good. Please start making and selling proper tracks!

1 Like

Thanks, will check it out

1 Like

ThanksšŸ˜Š

Thereā€™s a new long video from the perfect circuit audio clinic yesterday. It seems that the 5+ faders glitch is fixed in the version theyā€™re using. Check out minute 12:00 and following, the roland rep is moving 6 faders at once several times and the timing seems fine.

Theyā€™re also saying that there will be an os update in the next days/weeks with improvements.
I will pull the trigger when you can assign the start/end point values of a sample to the Ctrl knob :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you guys! I really appreciate the feedback. Seriously :slightly_smiling_face:

The 8S has some inspiration. Or itā€™s just too easy to use :wink:

That demo pushed me over the edge.

Plus all the ditties @djadonis206 has been cranking outā€¦

Who wants to buy an ARmkI?

1 Like

This track was released today :slight_smile:

You can stream or download here (from Spotify, iTunes and Deezer) here https://artist.landr.com/music/800739433052

I made a CR-78 Kit for the TR-8S for yaā€™ll :sunglasses:

You can download it from the video description :drum:

14 Likes

Love the kick on that!

1 Like

Nice track! Kinda like mixing some acid and trance with a Turrican gameā€™s soundtrack.

Thank you so much for the CR-78 kit!

For those above who asked about a comparison of the Rytm and the TR-8S - I got rid of my Rytm for a TR-8S and the sound is so much better to me. I know this may be blasphemy, but it really is impressively more present and the kicksā€¦justā€¦boom.

And I am a huge Elektron fan.

Now for the big funs - I took the midi out from my TR-8S into my MDUW, changed the midi notes in the TR-8S menu so all the sounds on the TR-8S match with the sounds on the machinedrum so I effectively have an ā€œexpanderā€ so every pattern will play corresponding notes in the MDUW - which I have routed to my cirklon so I can use multiple other synths to play drums as well (just have to transpose them up.)

Add in the the OT and I am still a huge Elektron fanboy but I donā€™t feel bad about losing the Rytm.

3 Likes

Well, noā€¦ I did the same (Iā€™m keepingg my DT though).

Ok, so the TR-8s sequencer sends midi note data?! Iā€™ve read that it doesnā€™tā€¦ How about ratcheting and flams? Are they also sent out as midi notes?

It certainly works for me sending midi data to the MDUW. Pretty sure with flams et al. Will confirm tonight.

You have to change the midi notes to match it though. I adjusted my MDUW so BD is C0 and so on, so have to do the same on the TR-8S. Only takes about 5 minutes and doesnā€™t lose itā€™s setting when you change kits or patterns or shut it off!

2 Likes

Confirmed that the TR-8S sends sub step/flam data, works perfectly sent to the MDUW. So if you mute the track on the TR-8S it mutes the midi send as well, but if you just pull the fader down, you can mix the two sounds to taste.

Now to see about whether the MIDI CC numbers will also make the TR-8S send the MDUW into more mindbending territory.

8 Likes

Messing around with the echo and reverb

3 Likes