Roland SP-404 Mk2 (Part 1)

Exactly what I read too… I mean how much does your wife let you spend on adult movies? It had better be a good one for £439! :joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I can’t find any shops with pre-order yet

2 Likes

303 & 404 Vinyl sim options

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see Spinscott tap out “Murder” on this!

3 Likes

This looks really cool and I will get one, but to me there is no replacing the OT…but then I’m a massive fanboy :slight_smile:

1 Like

love to see it

why do you think that?

This is old now. We’ve moved on :joy:

Looked at the manual and there was no mention of FX on DJ mode. Also in loopop and Roland presentation, neither of them activated FX in DJ mode. Hope I’m wrong!

6 Likes

I feel really fortunate to have just discovered Koala and I’m in that ‘I can’t believe how good this is!’ phase. That, and that my MPC Live 2 has cemented itself in my workflow, has stopped me getting GAS for this new 404 mk2, that I would’ve definitely got otherwise.

Feel smug enough to say this 404 looks good but I’m really happy with what I have.

:wave::sunglasses:

10 Likes

Dj mode …
If it’s playing back 2 x songs the presumably

Each song could be using full amount of fx , full polyphony etc … so if you try to blend 2 x complex songs it’s going to start to fall over ( steal polyphony etc )

Unless it’s resampling each song down to a single stereo stream ?

I don’t actually care , I doubt I’ll buy one but it has a few interesting features and perhaps shows Roland are working towards developing modern-ish sampling tech.

dj mode uses 2 samples for the 2 channels as far as I have understood it

Ok … I thought the Roland guy said it was ‘songs’ … fading 2 samples together with timestretch …meh.

Ha, well spotted! Same

1 Like

440 Sterling for this is bananas. People spend that kind of money on an FX pedal and this has all those busses and lofi FX goodies (including a Juno Chorus, I see). This might well be this year’s Christmas present to myself even if DT will remain as my main workhorse. More videos first…

12 Likes

OMG pad slicing, Digitakt is getting sold

3 Likes

Backpack sized and battery powered plus what seems quite a comprehensive feature set at an impulse buy price point. My juices are definitely flowing.

2 Likes

32 voice polyphony according to Roland SP-404MKII Creative Sampler at Gear4music

If that’s 32 simultaneous stereo samples, that’s pretty neat :smiley:

5 Likes