Roland SP-404 Mk2 (Part 1)

thanks mate!

Much appreciated! Thank you

a bit off topic i suppose.
but gonna share a beat album that has that sp vibe and its never been really discussed.
to me actually is up there next to madlibs madvillain, dillas donuts and is not like a madvillain copy or anything, its different but inspired by those and its got the vibes and the chaos
so here you go one of my faves

6 Likes

OK which joker here is selling a mk2 for 12500 here on ebay UK :rofl:

4 Likes

I think that is produced by Geoff Barrow from Portishead under his Fuzz face moniker.
His beats are always amazing.
Like this Pharcyde remix.

2 Likes

ye geoff is fuzzface, but this tape was done by Katalyst.

2 Likes

Made my first full track with the MKII. Really pleased at how it sounds like the music I usually make. Had a great time making it as well. Just some extra bits and pieces added before mastering.

https://fatbenjamin.bandcamp.com/track/loose-canoe

Enjoy!

7 Likes

Nice peaceful mood and warm enveloping sound. :ok_hand:

1 Like

I had cyber-beef w/ him, when he dissed NY. :joy: Told him that joint Beth did with Rustin Man was the best thing she ever did.

1 Like

One of the best beat tapes around. Awesome album!

:joy: Poor guy. Iā€™m blaming you for his anemic output with Beth ever since.

1 Like

My Analog Cases 404 case arrived and fits the mkii fine. Pretty simple but will be a good way to keep all the cables together and will be good if I need to toss it into a backpack for travel. Plenty of room for cables, unlike with my Zoom H6 case from them, which I like but doesnā€™t have much extra room.

8 Likes

Do you think I could fit a battery pack which is the size of a large mobile phone and 2 or 3 times as thick?

The Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 fits no problem. You can check the size online and see if itā€™s the same.

4 Likes

mmm not sure, the PowerCore is 15.8 x 7.45 x 1.92 cm and mine is 20.9 x 19.6 x 5.2 cm (itā€™s this model)

Edit: oops, that was the package dimension for mine, I re-read and itā€™s definitely not 5 cm high :slight_smile:Itā€™s close to 17 x 8 x 2 cm. Would fit I guess.

Thanks!

1 Like

O noooo.
I just got my unit in.
And yes: only wasapi for bitwig/win??
How did you get the sp-audio back into bitwig?

Addit.
Was hoping to use this as an interface.

He pissed me off so much! :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™d be careful with putting a battery inside the case like that. One time I put another instrumentā€™s case on top of the Analog Cases case that I have for my model cycles. The weight on top pushed my light-weight anker battery down onto the encoders, leaving a temporary marker from the netting of the case on an encoder. Luckily it didnā€™t do any permanent damage, but more weight may have. Just an fyi

2 Likes

Cool. I was just measuring for @amaury. I actually use Eneloop Pro batteries in mine, so not planning to put the battery in the case. Good to know though.

2 Likes

And where do you put the Eneloop battery charger? :wink: