Roland SP-404 Mk2 (Part 1)

I have one now
Feels cheap and is ugly
I hope i like to make music with it

2 Likes

it’s super ugly, I wish they would have bit akai and made it look like the 303… but it does have some very cool functionality

mine is arriving today from Thomann :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

1 Like

They’re pretty hard and don’t have much bounce, but they do the trick and you get used to them. If you give them a good whack, they’re still way more reliable than the 404SX pads, which sometimes just wouldn’t fire even if you clearly pressed them. I can’t seem to get them to catch all of my inputs though, and that may be because of the varying responsiveness of the different pads you’re mentioning

I’ve seen some pretty decent sets on YouTube and it looks like the machine is catching all of the triggers well. I don’t know if this is something to do with mine not being ‘broken in’ yet, or them doing multiple takes/filling in missing samples in post

1 Like

I saw these pad settings recommended on the SP Forums.

13 Likes

Thanks! I’ll give these settings a try!

1 Like

Is there anyone who ordered from Musicstore in Germany and has already received his or her SP?

UK alert, Juno has 9 stock right now!!
Hopefully not too late

Tried those, def a keeper!

1 Like

In stock at Juno if you’re quick… just re-ordered mine… arriving tomorrow!

Just saw this… beat me to it!

Hahaha, just got in there too. Saw the email and jumped on it! Hope I got in quick enough :crossed_fingers:

Dang, all gone!

If you managed to order it should be fine. Otherwise it would have shown out of stock at checkout. That’s what happened to me the last time with Juno

1 Like

I ordered from their UK place (DV24/7) on the 15th October. Emailed them the other day and they’re still saying stock is expected mid Feb, no change.

I ordered on the 14th October, just wondered, if there are people ahead of me in the cue that already received one

I asked if there was a queue and they didn’t respond to that bit, the swines!

Big up to Juno. Dispatched within an hour of ordering. I was fully prepared to wait until Feb, can’t believe I’ll get it tomorrow now! UKers, it’s def worth getting on their ‘Email when available’ thingy for this one.

1 Like

Well I originally ordered from Anderton’s and they said they would get them in 15th December. I had to cancel the weeks before last when my car needed fixing and I needed the cash.

Then, on the off chance I emailed Juno (and a load of other stores) about 11am this morning to see when they were getting any, and they told me just to join the mailing list. Got an email a couple of hours later that they were in stock and grabbed one as soon as I saw it.

I have to say, I think Juno are doing it a better way, no pre-orders, just when they’re in you can order and when they’re gone they’re gone. Saves all the waiting and changing dates.

1 Like

What SD cards are people who have their SPs using successfully?

I have an old 16GB 15MB/S Sandisk card I was going to use.

Reckon that will be ok?