Roland SP-404 Mk2 (Part 1)

Ah great, thanks for sharing… I was wondering if they are flat enough when folded and didn’t find information online. So they’d fit in a bag like the one posted a few posts higher, in your opinion?

Something that would be both interesting and helpful to me would be examples of various workflows with some descriptions and perhaps examples. It’s an interesting machine in that it can play so many roles in a setup. It might be cool to better understand the possibilities. I’m catching them here and there in this thread and elsewhere, but having a bunch of them in one place would be nice. Just a thought.

Regardless, thanks for the work.

That bag’s great! I had bought the Analog Case, which is also great but I prefer that one. Trying to return the Analog Case now, hope it works as I didn’t keep any wrapping, not sure if it had any…

Thanks for the tip @WaveShaper!

1 Like

It’s probably a close call as they don’t twist sideways, so are as thick as the ear pads.

Ah damn, that’s what I was afraid of. Well, I ordered them and will see, I need a travel pair and that could be it…

1 Like

@waveshaper @mas_akala Nice bag, and looks good. Is it possible to add a powerbank too? Would that fit together with the MKII and the power adapter?

2 Likes

@WaveShaper @mas_akala thanks again for the Bagsmart shout. Ordered one this morning (eBay) and it came this evening (weird, but OK). It’s a really good fit for the mk2.
I put some stiff foam in the tablet slot between the two compartments for some extra protection for the unit.

You can’t fit a UK PSU in there as well, but I ordered one of the Birdcords mentioned above so any USB outlet will do me now, as well as the numerous puouches in the bag I can stuff with batteries. Or a power bank. there would definitely be room for a slim one in the top section of the Bagsmart.

As a result I’m selling an Analog Pulse case for the mk2, £25 shipped within the UK. Hit me up if you want it!

Re: earbuds, I’ve been looking at Sennheiser IE-40 pro or Shure se215. Older model and not as good as the others, but £200 upwards for earbuds is kind pricey!

1 Like

Guess it would depend on the size, but I think it would be no problem. Trying to find something to show you so I just zipped up a power strip!

3 Likes

Thanks for the info and photos! It must fit, I think. I will order one this evening.

1 Like

WoooHOO!!! It’s arrived.

Now down the rabbit hole I go :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Oh awesome, didn’t even think of using the inserts like that! Great idea!

No prob, glad it’s working for everyone! :slight_smile:

Anyone bag one here in Straya? Been sitting on a preorder since October :crazy_face:

1 Like

I received mine today. Bagsmart arrived yesterday. it’s perfect fit! It’s softer than analog case but good enough to put inside a bag. using insert pad was a good call! now i want some skin to put on. i hope roland someday sell extra faceplate with different colors or just bare faceplate for vinyl skins. I don’t want to ruin the original plate.

2 Likes

Don’t worry about ruining it - I used loads of different vinyl skins on my old SP-404 and SP-404SX. They just peel off. An extra faceplate would be cool though as you could sand it down etc.

Alright. So this SP thing is pretty cool. I love how instant everything is. Still getting comfortable with the workflow…but things are clicking for sure. Looking forward to the coming weeks. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

For the first time since I’ve owned the unit, for about a month and a half, it won’t turn on under battery power, nor AC power. Has anyone experienced this. No response to powering on; no lights, no screen.

No, the closest I’ve had was a weird bug where everything would lockup, one pad would turn red, and you couldn’t kill power to it, even when turning the device off. In that case I had to remove the batteries to kill all juice to it, and then it rebooted fine when I put the batteries back in.

Just a long shot, but remove all power sources, and then try taking the batteries out once and putting them back in, in case it’s in some kind of locked up state. I hope you get it fixed!

1 Like

While batteries and power are out hold a button in for 10 seconds ish as well. This is a trick I use often with PCs that won’t power up. I believe it drains the board but I could be wrong. Good luck and hope you get it sorted.

2 Likes

did you get it yet? I ordered the same day as you and still waiting. PC told me they only got 1 unit in so far in January

Yeah after a little while, it decided to just go on, again. This happened to one other person I know. And his Mk2, also, resumed working a short time later.

It’s a little concerning. Anyone else that had this issue, please chime in so it can be put in front of Roland.