Roland Sh-4d

If only the digis had … oh nevermind ;).

2 Likes

13 Likes

The Roland Electribe! Had the chance to see this in person few weeks ago, it’s perfect for techno.

3 Likes

We need to petition for Roland to add these functions, this is 2023, not 199… Oh wait, in 199X, most synthesizers with a sequencer had a song mode already… Roland come the f on…

5 Likes

no microtiming either, which seems to be very important for many people

6 Likes

Given Roland’s track record of releasing massive updates for things I imagine it will come in 6 months or so.

9 Likes

Brutal! I just assumed it’d be there! Definitely a strange thing to omit because it puts it in the performance territory, and that’s when those round buttons become less fun.

2 Likes

I’d hope so too, but on the SonicState video the rep says they’ve got other grooveboxes for that & this is more desktop synth focused, so I have less faith in it being added than I had before watching it

1 Like

it looks just great as a mutimbral synth alone

Drum synth and sequencing on top

4 Likes

I don’t trust reps to actually know what might be coming up and they probably don’t want to make it sound like there is a hole in the product feature set.

AKA buy our other products on top…

At the very least I hope it’s possible to change patterns via external program change msg (and without any sort of delay like on the Elektron boxes).

1 Like

Looks nice, sounds interesting, good price, drum synth looks really well featured, full audio over USB, midi CC control, fantastic.

9 Likes

Because it’s cheaper :))
And actually sounds more fun to me. The drums especially

2 Likes

The GAS is real right now :joy:

2 Likes

The oscillator models and the way they are handled remind me of the Reface cs. But deeper. Or the microfreak probably.

Looks quite hands on. Fm and Ringmod is nice too

Also the option to layer synth drums and samples. Something what people love about the Rytm

2 Likes

5 part multitimbral. Damn. I was looking at a Nord Rack 2 but this is a very dope companion to the Octa

EDIT: holy shit the visual arp is cool!

2 Likes

Phwoar. Battery power, good size. Loadsa synth.
And faders. Well done Roland.

9 Likes

I just wish it had a separate power input. My Typhon taught me more about USB noise than I ever wanted to know.

6 Likes

this one sounds great

really selling me on this thing now

*edit: bobeats is pretty good at pulling actual good sounds out of new gear as well:

do we have a price yet?

yeah i think i agree. im abandoning my initial impression pretty quickly

1 Like

Yes, and it’s way cheaper than expected: 600 EUR (£549/$650)

3 Likes