Roland SE-02

studio space? these probs occurred during rehearsals and gigs in small venues during winter. Buut it’s been years since I played the moog in that band.

1 Like

Are you sure it’s shipping this month? I was under the impression that select demo’ers and such were getting them a bit early, but release date still seems to be August sometime.

RolandAria’s Instagram account made that statement in reply to someone asking the ship date and that’s where I quoted it from. Could their own marketing/social media team be wrong? Sure, anything’s possible, but I think (hope) it’s accurate being directly tied to corporate.

EDIT: I can’t seem to link the exact URL without just showing the instagram pic. If you want to view the comment, then just search ‘RolandAria’ and it’s their latest post. Easy to find.

2 Likes

That’s a good source. I ordered through GC, but their expected date for it hasn’t changed from 8/31 yet. I’d love to get my mitts on it as soon as possible.

1 Like

I pre-ordered with SweetWater within the first 12 hours of the announcement, so hopefully I’m in on the first batch shipping. Really excited for this synth! Have wanted a solid mono for a long time and was waffling back and forth over many options. The SE-02 seems like a great choice without much compromise and bonus features. I set my expectations for late Aug at best or more likely Sept, so if it arrives this month I’ll be super happy!

uk dates range from july22nd to sept 25th and pre order.
13 weeks on bax music

I can’t wait to crank up the feedback, FM the filter, and P-lock the pitches of the modulating oscillators.

1 Like

My Monologue is giving me the side eye…

Haha.

My Monologue has still got its chin up high, eager to welcome SE-02 to the family.
Brothers from another mother.

2 Likes

It’s got me exited about what Roland is doing again this thing looks amazing☺️

Actually SE may be correct. Serge has not been continually produced by the same company. Interesting the more I think about it.

SE-02 origin story now up at http://www.studioelectronics.com/products/synths/se-02/

5 Likes

They really should correct the typo in their own name in the headline…

1 Like

Thinking of buying a Keystep for this, do you think it’s a good choice? Any better alternatives?

I don’t own one, but can’t see why it wouldn’t be a good pair? Looks great for the money.

That’s a great story
The last line is interesting. SE stating Roland are selling it at a price they couldn’t even build it for. Its great value for sure considering the heritage.
Not sure Behringers story could match that one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why only 16 steps???

I have a keystep, and to me its the best keyboard controller I’ve bought with that form factor. The arp and sequencer are nice bonuses, and you can power it with a USB battery. Earlier I had a Qunexus and a MIDI expander for it, but eventually found out I am unable to play anything fast with so tiny keys. Although the keystep keys are not fullsize, they’re big enough for me to play faster, if that makes sense. And the keystep -just barely!- fits into my backpack :ecstatic:

If you are fussy about your MIDI keyboards, ingore my opinions… I am not a keyboardist per se

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, I think I’ll get one. I’m not a keyboardist either, just looking for something compact due to lack of space. Every setup I see has a Keystep in it!