Roland JX-08 & JD-08

Just went up:

9 Likes

Glad they continue the boutique range.

8 Likes

JX-08 - it says expanded polyphony compared to the original…

THE VOICES…MASON…HOW MANY VOICES???

6 Likes

uh oh, that jd-08 is just too cute

4 Likes

watching the jx08 video…
you can record parameter changes now. Very cool.
Uh. And various playback directions in the sequencer :grimacing:
And two sequencers :grimacing::grimacing:

3 Likes

20 voices on the JX-08…:heart_eyes:

Source: check out Rolands response in the comments.

3 Likes

maybe they dropped ACB in the boutiques…

That is my assumption, I guess they are zen core now.

probably. Which might be a letdown.
People wanted more polyphony in the boutiques but I‘d rather take the better modelling

3 Likes

Those JD-08 pads though…

1 Like

What are Roland thinking of, are they insane. Most of the world are desperate for a decent Jupiter 8 Clone along with all those other synths with full keys and decent polyphony, instead they release these oompa loompa versions or a plugin with a GUI from the same era!

Behringer are nailing them because of their deep reluctance to benefit from their legacy pedigree. I jsut got a MS-01 and its superb, exactly what people want, a decent clone, with midi in a replica format/size with mods and enhancements

Roland always were a bit bonkers tbh…TB303 is a true example as a bass sequencer for rock/pop

rant over…

1 Like

is always the answer here wrt polyphony

Given how popular the boutiques are, it seems they do what people want

5 Likes

Another year, another Boutique Alpha Juno dream crushed.

7 Likes

I’d snap up a JP8080 boutique, so I’ll eat my words :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Them sliders on the JD look pretty fucking short.

1 Like

Was about to say the same thing.

1 Like

Seems a bit mad having such complex envelopes if you don’t have the resolution in the sliders to make the most of them. It looks like programming it might end up in half an hour of shouting at an envelope generator.

4 Likes

Yeah, and it’s not the sort of synth you’re going to be jamming out on, and bash the ADSR about for a bit and move on. I think I’d rather program the Cloud version with a mouse.

I ponied up for the DTronics programmer for the D-05 a while back, and that uses little mini / trim pots to get the necessary control over the parameter range in that form factor.

1 Like

In the jd08 demo he does ‘rock guitar’ sound
It’s terrible
And he does it twice.
Luckily my phone has off / mute / kill guitar sound button

And the bells sound bad too.
But I think it’s the machine used on many techno tracks , esp pads and ‘aaahhhh’ sounds , so I may look into it more
And those guitar presets can be killed.

2 Likes