Roland Boutique Leaked (JP-08/JU-06/JX-03)

you mean Parva?

you mean Parva?[/quote]
A digital wavetable synth with a sequencer = a 3 OSC analog ?

The size of these REALLY bother me, some of those faders are maybe 2 cm. How can those stand up to nuances of the originalā€™s faders? Which lets be honest, is why we play/want synths in the first place.
Also the compromises on polyphony to the OGā€™s I find quite a bit suspect to what the f*ck is going on at Roland these days. How they rely on powerful brands of thiers, only to just totally miss the mark on delivery. Iā€™ve never had any of the classic Roland boards except the Promars. Have played around with the JX, and the 106. But this was a lifetime ago, so I dont think those times can weigh in on where Iā€™m at these days.
I would much rather see these guys follow in the footsteps of DSI, if this is the route they are gonna go.

GIVE MY ELEKTRONS WORTHY THINGS TO CONNECT UP TO!!!

I feel your pain on pretty much every point you made. Though I own a TR8 and love what it does and how it sounds - I find myself looking for more vintage synths in regards to Roland, their current stuff just doesnā€™t resonate with me for some reason. Maybe its the gaudy product design (sorry, I just think their glossy fingerprint-magnet design coupled with screaming neon colors looks ugly as hell) coupled with the mediocre demos Iā€™ve come across - either way Iā€™m hoping they throw the mitts off and do something outside of their current comfort zone.

Either way these smaller modules are pretty neat I admit, Iā€™d love to try a couple out for the hell of it.

I see JX3Pā€™s and the odd pg 200 enough times Iā€™m feeling alright I will score one one day at a reasonable price.
Same with a 106.
I donā€™t super really want either of them as its getting a bit gassy in here already.
I dunno weā€™ll see.

Might be a cool transition corner of my setup at best.

iā€™m selling 2 ambikas right now under the for sale market pm if interested.
one has 4p and the other smr4

These are fun additions if you own the originals. Having a portable version to take on the road. Would be great to be able to use the 03 as a JX-3P controller. I would convert any possible midi CC to correspond with cc on the Organix mod.

in actionā€¦

Thereā€™s a bunch more videos up on YouTube now too. Waiting for sonicstate review etc but might grab at least one of these, prob the jp08. I have ms20 mini and a mininova and always feel like Iā€™m missing something for nice thick vibey poly stuff and if the jp08 gets close enough then the Form factor is actually ideal for my setupā€¦

Iā€™ll be interested to hear what owners of the legit boards think in terms of authenticity with the soundsā€¦

None of the videos I have seen are very inspired much beyond an "aw shucks, whoā€™s gonna buy a cool(?) small sort-of-synth?

EVERYTHING is coming off rushed it seems with this line, from these micro faders, ANOTHER repackaging, these compositions(?)

Something better MUST be around the corner from these bandits.
If im grabbing more desktop gear, itā€™s going to be the Mother 32s.

Exactly !
I HATE analog synthesis simulators. :imp:
Itā€™s like painting in Fotoshop - BWEUUUURKKKK :angry: ( we need a vometing emoticon )

Exactly !
Itā€™s like painting in Fotoshop - BWEUUUURKKKK :angry: ( we need a vometing emoticon )
[/quote]
Ordinarily Iā€™d agree, but if theyā€™ve close to nailed the sound/behavior then a dead ringer that I can throw in my live set up, taking up nearly zero space, costing a fraction of a real jupiterā€¦ Thatā€™s got to be of some use no? All depends how they sound thoā€¦ Waiting for more reviews. Iā€™m not aware of any real analog polys that size/price? So if it sounds legit then Iā€™m inā€¦

Exactly !
[/quote]
Ordinarily Iā€™d agree, but if theyā€™ve close to nailed the sound/behavior then a dead ringer that I can throw in my live set up, taking up nearly zero space, costing a fraction of a real jupiterā€¦ Thatā€™s got to be of some use no? All depends how they sound thoā€¦ Waiting for more reviews. Iā€™m not aware of any real analog polys that size/price? So if it sounds legit then Iā€™m inā€¦ [/quote]
I understand - I was speaking for myself - we all have different needs :wink:

Exactly !
[/quote]
Ordinarily Iā€™d agree, but if theyā€™ve close to nailed the sound/behavior then a dead ringer that I can throw in my live set up, taking up nearly zero space, costing a fraction of a real jupiterā€¦ Thatā€™s got to be of some use no? All depends how they sound thoā€¦ Waiting for more reviews. Iā€™m not aware of any real analog polys that size/price? So if it sounds legit then Iā€™m inā€¦ [/quote]
I understand - I was speaking for myself - we all have different needs :wink: [/quote]
Hoping theyā€™ve really nailed the sound. Otherwise stick to plan and keep saving for an A4ā€¦ Just appeals to have all the controls on deck, even if they require tweezers :wink:

These might be fun but gosh Iā€™m sick of the term ā€˜virtual analogā€™, itā€™s such double speak.

There are such good software emulations of the original synths already (with unlimited polyphony), you can just buy a little midi controller and youā€™ve got all these for a fraction of the price.

Agreed, thatā€™s probably where I am most cautious about these. This virtual analog business, they want you to believe so badly theyā€™ve restricted the polyphony.
I dunno, Iā€™ll admit the Kraft demo exhibits some great sounds out of them, but I will have to see for myself when my store is carrying them. If these do really cover the bases the originals boast, these would be a cool addition to my Roland synth-free studio.

Hereā€™s the big deal breaker with theseā€¦
Itā€™s not the 4 voices, or the small size.

The Midi spec is about as bad as it gets if youā€™re wanting to drive these with an Elektron sequencer.

MD, OT, and MM ownersā€¦ here are your CC# assignment options:
#1-Mod
#11-Expression Pedal
#64-Hold

Thatā€™s it, thatā€™s all, thatā€™s all there is. :disappointed:
So, so disappointing.

:::flips over table:::

Hereā€™s the JX-03 midi chart, but theyā€™re all the same:

So rushed. There will be more of these on Craigslist than those Les Paulā€™s you could get from Best Buy.