Roland Aira EFX modules

I think you should get the scooper :joy:

1 Like

Get out of my head!

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a torcido not being used. Iā€™m in the uk.
:wink:

Oof!!! Now youā€™ve puta smile on my face!

1 Like

Pm me before I buy the one Iā€™ve got me eye on!

They come with their own wall wart PSU, and you can buy a rack frame for like 35 which will hold all 4 perfectly in a 19ā€ rack or in desktop configuration.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132876055980
I use one of these and could not be happier, totally separate from my euro rig but easy to cross patch, you can of course use them individually as desktop modules they have rubber feet on the back to stop them sliding around. For 90 that is insane as you say :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome! Thatā€™s a great idea, thank you very much!

1 Like

I have a questionā€¦
With the app you can reconfigure which FX are in the module and how the knobs are assigned, right?

Thereā€™s no dedicated filter EFX box that I can seeā€¦ is there a resonant filter in the available FX for all the boxes?

Yeah three filters, one being a formant filterā€¦

1 Like

Also Bitrazer has a resonant filter by default, it works quite nice as a standard filter if you leave the srr and brr out.

1 Like

Bear in mind you can add a filter module (or six filter modulesā€¦) to any of them but youā€™ll need to virtually hook it up to the GRFers to have front panel control over the cutoff / resonance, which might mean detaching one or more of the default controls.

Could be tricky if you wanted to retain the standard functionality and add a filter (though you can do things like setting standard controls in one place and just leaving them detached, or even doubling up the destinations that a GRFer controls).

Now I want to try making a really gnarly filterbank patchā€¦

Bug Fix firmware for Aira Modules

2 Likes

Could you copy & paste if possibleā€¦? I donā€™t have FB or want their cookiesā€¦

Interesting that they would release a new firmware now when they discontinued them a while ago.

1 Like

AIRA_MODULAR_UPD.bin (2.0 MB)

IMPORTANT BUGFIX! AIRA Modular Firmware v1.05 build 0493

From the file poster:
The last firmware version available on Rolandā€™s website is v1.05 build 0491. The build number is not shown on the website but it can be verified by connecting an AIRA Modular to a computer in host mode and checking the contents of ā€œVERSION.TXTā€. However this version, that dates from 2015, has a known bug when the bottom right module is a stereo module, a patch is loaded and the module rebooted. Roland has made a newer build, v1.05 build 0493, at least a few years ago, that solves this bug (tested on one Scooper device) and doesnā€™t seem to have introduced new issues.

And generic instructions from Roland for the 1.5 update from their support page:

FWIW Iā€™ve updated my Torcido/Scooper/Bitrazer & Demora today using this and no problems.

5 Likes