RipCord (12V) for Digitakt

Same here, the ripcord with a good battery work very well.

I’m looking to run a Digitakt and a Moog Subharmonicon (12v centre positive 1200ma). Came across this thread :slight_smile: what could I plug two ripcords into? Home use, so not fussed about a battery.

In an ideal world I want to power these two and a ZOIA (9v centre negative 300ma) from one plug. I was thinking of one of these maybe? I’m used to guitar pedals and a single power supply, so this is all new to me

Oh, and hello! Im new here. Found loads of great info already - many thanks. Looks like a great forum. Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Bruce

1 Like

Can you tell if this is legit to use with ripcord for digiton or digitakt?

So I thought I would resurrect this thread with my own observations, having just failed to get a brand new 12v RipCord to power the Digitakt through my Anker 20100, which was fully charged.

Unfortunately it did not work, there was nothing showing on the screen at all. That said, my Anker 20100 is a few years old. So I tried my friend’s Anker 20100 and that didn’t work either. Going to grab that Anker 10000 someone suggested earlier on in the thread, hoping that will work. Fingers crossed!

I initially had the Anker 10000 and always works, I then bought the 20100 which sometimes works…usually after a full charge, but after that is intermittent. if you hold down the round button for 1s on the 20100 a green light comes on and that seemed to help , but not always. Might be worth draining the 20100 of all it’s charge somehow, by charging a mobile phone and then recharging and trying. But all in all the 20100 only works intermittently for me…I just don’t turn off digitakt when it’s working. Good luck with 10000, hope it works more reliably

Thank you, I’m going to buy an Anker 10000 tomorrow and share my findings. Was going to get a bigger one but it seems power isn’t necessarily a winning factor. So confusing!

EDIT 1: the Anker 10000 arrived and what do you know, the RipCord works with it to power the Digitakt! It does take around 45 seconds of power before there is any activity on the DT’s screen - this is clearly the issue of an additional power being required for the initial stages of bootup. Once life is shown on the screen, the DT functions as normal. I’ve even got it working with all eight tracks steaming on Overbridge with power from the RipCord. If it isn’t working for you straight away, give it about a minute and it should power up. Wahey!

EDIT 2: Turns out this isn’t working well at all. Keeps restarting during use. It’s not completely unusable but that’s only because the DT is so good at automatically saving. Waiting for a replacement from MyVolts.

For what it’s worth: the power bank must have an output of at least 2.4 Amps.
By far, most power banks use 1 Amp,
2 Amps, or 2.1 Amps.

Ripcord has the [ aprox ] $20 2.4 Amp version
& now offers a digitakt cable for [ aprox ]
$30 that will work with any output.

2.4 amp output or above is all that is needed.

FYI this was eventually resolved as per my subsequent posts - Ripcord sent me two faulty cables (and a third unrelated cable) before finally sending one that worked. However during that time I purchased the (far pricier) Birdcord which I wholeheartedly recommend - it powers my DT, DN and even OT without a hitch.

1 Like

Could you link to the correct bird cord that works with the DT and OT?

Don’t forget the 2.5mm adapter.

3 Likes

That’s the one! Absolute marvel of modern technology. Dieter, the guy behind it, is really kind and helpful too.

Amazing.

I found this one too, which is in Australia and would be quicker for me to order. Made by Adafruit.

Does anyone know if this works as well, or is a copy of the birdcord cable?

Can you please link this ‘Birdcord’ because I can’t seem to find one online.
Thanks

Scroll up in this thread to my Aug 9 post.

https://www.songbirdfx.com

I’ve had issues with line noise when powering my O, DN , and MC from the same powerbank. I’m not at all an electrical whiz but I think its electrical interference from the cords being in close proximity. (using BirdCord as I find it much more reliable)

Anyone else experience this? Ended up reverting back to PSUs as it was at a live show and I didn’t have the time/desire to troubleshoot. As much as I love the portable setup I always bring the PSUs in case which almost defeats the purpose of having the power bank to lessen the gear load. :man_shrugging:

Line noise while powering any device via USB is a common issue. It’s especially prevalent when powering from a laptop USB port but it can happen from any power bank, and I expect powering more than one device from a single bank may exacerbate the issue. I’m looking forward to line noise-free USB in the future though I’m just happy so many of my devices are portable now. Maybe one day we will simulate USB noise in a variety of plugins to capture the vintage sound of the 2020s.

1 Like

The “Vintage knob” reimagined?

1 Like

I haven’t read this entire post. But this does work. I just confirmed it. You need this which is a 2.4 amp 12v USB port that goes straight into your wall socket. Then the 12v rip cord will power up the digitact perfectly. I have not tried to run two ripcords yet for the tact/tone combo. But it is something I’m thinking about! It’s all about the 2.4 amps! I’m Pumped!