RIP Vangelis

:blue_heart: RIP :blue_heart:

2 Likes
10 Likes

I listened to that vinyl over and over again when I was 11. What a Masterpiece.

3 Likes

Just remembered that when I got my A4 the first thing I did was program the Bladerunner theme tune. It wasnā€™t great but it brought me a lot of satisfaction šŸ„¹

4 Likes

I grew up listening to his scores and music with my dad. Very sad news. Heā€™s been a huge influence on me one way or another :cry:

1 Like

Chariots of Fire was one of the first songs that got me excited about music when I was a kid. I remember dancing around the house singing it, banging on things, impressing my parents Iā€™m sure. RIP.

5 Likes

Haha, my father the clarinetist always frowned at ā€œthat kind of musicā€.
F him and hail Vangelis :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A pioneer who inspired multiple generations of musicians, keyboardists, synth nerds, soundtrack composers, producers, and more. Hard to overstate his impact.

1 Like

Sad news. His music was a big inspiration for many.

RIP, what a guy

CS80 prices gonna go through the roof

1 Like

Speechlessā€¦. RIP

sad news.

Now he arrived in Olympus as the 13th of the gods - the god of synths.

1 Like

:frowning: sad news. RIP.

Everyone loves his big, cinematic filmscapes, and with good reason. But his prog is also fucking epic.

(if the link doesnā€™t show, it was aimed at Vangelisā€™ ā€œAlbedo 0.39ā€, a fave of mine. Itā€™s by turns small, large, ambient, prog keyboard wank, and all over brilliant IMO)

2 Likes

Wow, Iā€™m stunned. Rest in peace

1 Like

I always play the bline from the closing credits (badly) on any new synth.

1 Like

sad newsā€¦ epic composer, truly unique and influentialā€¦

1 Like

Dreadbox (Greece) should dedicate their next Synth to Vangelis.

4 Likes

How fortunate a man to leave his mark indelibly on music history. Respect, condolences to his friends and family but also congratulations on a timeless achievement.

4 Likes

hope he found his way home

5 Likes