RIP Tina Turner

RIP Tina :frowning_face:

2 Likes

She was all heart soul and fire, Proud Mary is the anthem of working class America.

3 Likes

Damn, RIP. She was simply the best.

4 Likes

Yeah. To come through that experience and still feel like reaching for the stars was a testament to her tenacity. May she rest in power.

4 Likes

This is sad, RIP.

I saw her live in the 90’s, what an amazing concert

2 Likes

No way. Incredible singer. Amazing person.
RIP.

Tina and the backing singers were the stars of the band.

Bangers.

7 Likes

always appreciated her energy and showmanship…fan of her pre 80s works.

4 Likes

She was amazing, she was one of a kind, she was a real artist with every inch of her body.
I had the mesmerising experience building up her 24/7 Tour in 2000.
It was my first big concert and the best concert I’ve ever done. She was fire!

Thank you Tina. May your songs live on forever… :hearts:

8 Likes

Legend. Powerful woman.

4 Likes

favourite Tina track

silky

6 Likes

Ah fuck man. This one hurts. I’d just forgotten how old she must have gotten as my last memory of her was getting down on stage at I think the Grammys. One of my earliest memories was my parents blasting her solo stuff, and them leaving me at a daycare so they could go see her live. That says a lot because I must have been 5, but knew exactly who she was, and what her hits were. Sad day, but also a day to reflect on all the joy she brought to the world.
Go easy Tina. RIP.

7 Likes

Total legend. I always wished she would have acted more.

5 Likes

I went back and rewatched some of her 80’s works today, I think she had bad management at the time because the artists she was collaborating with were pretty bad but she still shines. The song with rod stewart (it takes two) is a terrible rendition, but her voice is still great. some others were the same for me, but of course pre-80’s is untouchable.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Indeed! R.I.P.

When I was maybe 6ish, I’d be glued to MTV when hanging out with my older cousins.

It would be:

What’s Love Got To Do With It
Sunglasses at Night
Maneater
Sweet Dreams

…among others, but those are the ones that were in full rotation at the same time.

4 Likes

Oh. A huge star disappeared from the sky.
What a presence she had…

2 Likes

A friend of my other half was genuinely in bits hearing this yesterday to the point I dunno whether to laugh or look sad!

But it was sad news indeed. A friend of mine has been disgusted with me for years because I think Turners Whole Lotta Love cover is better than Led Zeppelins original. She was bad ass in Thunderdome (great tune for that movie too) and for those of us in Scotland, has been immortalised thanks to Rangers use of Simply the Best - itself a great tune but ruined by “the Huns”.

Lived one hell of a life. RIP.

2 Likes

had to be…but still managed to carry thru it… on stage she was electrifying which made it tolerable…pre 80s terrible personal life but on stage she outshined. Glad that it all worked out for her. RIP.

2 Likes

R.I.P. Amazing voice.

Grew up on the 80s comeback hits, but the Ike & Tina stuff is where it’s at for me.
Sad that it was underpinned by a toxic relationship. There was some musical magic going on there. Check this live performance from the Soul To Soul docu and the exchange between the two during the breakdown.

2 Likes